Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rich
    New Zealand 

Sat Nav

Is there a snail trail option on D5 built in SatNav? I cannot find one and have to resort to my Garmin to find my way back to any given point which I do not neccessarily have the address for? Have managed to wean myself off Garmin stick on windscreen machine but the lack of a trip tracer is the deal breaker on my new D5.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Just mark / save the location of your start point when you set off and then navigate back to it. You can do this in the car and also in the InControl Route Olanner app.

Not seen a bread crumb feature either. The D3/D4 has it. InControl doesn’t seem to even have an off road Nav now.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Mine has a "show unpaved roads" option in the Nav options, but when the map thinks the road has stopped and it hasn't, you're out of luck.

I would like a "cross country" breadcrumb mode, but I've also got an app called "Backcountry Navigator Pro" on my smartphone and tablet which allows you to download topos and record tracks even when out of mobile range, then you can export them to Google Earth or whatever as .kml or .kmz . I believe you can also import, but I haven't tried that yet.

Starting to think about how to Overland properly in my D5....
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

I don't know why, with a car like this which is designed for towing, the satnav doesn't have a "caravan" option. I have had to buy a phone app to make sure I don't go down "unsuitable"roads.

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum