↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• LukasW
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Had v3 update installed yesterday and can confirm:
    P
    Navigation go home works
    Cancel guidance works
    Go to previous destination works (a list of previous destinations appears along with ‘say line number’ prompt)
    Navigate to address no luck (though this very command is listed on the help screen and the system does not protest that the command has not been recognized, just nothing happens afterwards)
    No luck with zoom in/out kind of commands
    No luck with show/display navigation

Also the navigation commands category is still absent from the list in the commands submenu of the voice menu, so I suspect the navigation voice commands have not been fully and officially implemented in the v3 update yet and are still in some kind of beta.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Which menu are you talking about?

• LukasW
    Czech Republic 

About the same menus as on your pictures but mine differ noticeably:

MY 2017, voice recognition set to uk English.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Mine is MY17 and has had the V3 latest update.
  • Down & Dirty
    United Kingdom 

Finally got mine booked in Friday 18th for the new release Shocked

Apparently it came out was then withdrawn and has now been re introduced with quite a few features
    Including txt messages.??
    Will have to update when it’s been done Laughing Thumbs Up
  • LukasW
    Czech Republic 

Interesting. Maybe in the UK the new versions are released sooner than on other markets? Is there a way how to see the system version number?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Topix shows last version of V3 as:-

Title
    LTB01108v3 - InControl Touch Pro Features May Not Function As Expected, Phase 3 Additional Updates - Pathfinder
    Global reference
    LTB01108v3
    Navigation path Bulletins Technical Bulletins 415 - Entertainment System

Publication date 31-Jan-2018 09:06:20

Not seen any evidence of Text updates?
  • LukasW
    Czech Republic 

I mean if there’s a way how to determine the version number of the system sw that is installed in the vehicle.

I found this info on the navigation settings page, but I suspect it only relates to the navigation app number:

IIRC D3 and D4 had secret “753” diagnostic menus with all sorts of system infos, wondering if D5 has something similar.
  • J77
    Scotland 

My Velar had text read out that worked. After the recent update it doesn’t, it shows I have a text but doesn’t read it out. No voice commands now and can’t login to live services.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

LukasW wrote:
    I mean if there’s a way how to determine the version number of the system sw that is installed in the vehicle.

I understand, I was just pointing out that the current V3 has been around awhile and so your car shoud be the same as mine and any other that has been updated in the last few weeks.
  • LukasW
    Czech Republic 

Well, mine was updated yesterday and is obviously different, less feature rich, than the one on your vehicle. Given that, judging from the v3 update thread, the update was seemingly withdrawn several times, for some time it was only available for non RSE vehicles and several users report different functionality (e.g. the text msgs read out j77 mentions), there apparently are several different v3 update builds out there and it would be useful if we could compare which user runs which build of the software.

From the other thread I gather your infotainment master controller has been replaced. Maybe it came preloaded with a sw version that is not available yet for earlier hw builds or cannot be updated via the diagnostic tool yet.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Yes it could be linked to a different revision level on the module that was replaced?
  • Down & Dirty
    United Kingdom 

Little update car went in Friday for update and a few other little jobs but just been informed I shan’t get it back until Tuesday or Wednesday next week as there waiting for replacement parts

Big Cry Big Cry
  • Down & Dirty
    United Kingdom 

Got my car back today Very Happy
    And can confirm after only having a quick play all is good Thumbs Up

My system is now as per jimbg “s pic’s with navigation part of the voice control system Mr. Green
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

I just got my car back from the dealer.

They were struggling with the voice control of the navigation, as all the updates had been applied per the book and they were still getting nothing.

The solution as advised by LR Tech, and I this is verbatim: switch the language to Polish then back to English....bingo!

No doubt, after Brexit this option will no longer be available to UK owners Whistle
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum