Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Dab radio/digital tv setup.

Had a mess around with the Dab radio and the TV last night, but i could not find any setting for autotuning, updating or retuning either. Sad
    After our trip too England last weekend, I have now got several English radio stations which will not work up here in Scotland, presumably as am miles away from the so called footprint. It's the same for the TV stations, several are not working now, which were before.
    Surely there must be an option too rescan manually, or are both the Dab radio and TV automatically rescanning whilst on the move, updating as you drive ??
    If so I think i must have the option switched off, but am hedging my bets on a manual rescan though, via the infotainment system.
    Does the TV have a seperate remote control which I never received ??
    In my car there is an option on both the screen and remote control too search for new channels, and update them, hence the times I have gone too Newcastle, I have had too rescan too get the TV channels too work and also the Dab radio stations, when am down there, and then having too rescan once am back up in Scotland too get the stations working again.
    Any words of wisdom are appreciated Thumbs Up
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I assumed that the systems both TV and DAB constantly scan for channels and presents them in the channel list. Have you checked whether the channels that you cant now get are actually regional versions such as BBC 1 South West or Absolute Radio Oxford etc?

I don't think there is a manual scan option, iGuide certainly doesn't mention one. It might therefore be worth looking through the current channel list and seeing if the local (to you) channels are there.

Incidentally, my car is now in Cyprus having been shipped from the UK and the radio stations in my favourites list still show but obviously are not available.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks Chrismcnaz.

I will check over the weekend, as setting up all the stuff properly.

Yes, i had 3 DAB radiostations in my favourites which i stored when i was in England, but 2 dont work now, only 1 does which is a BBC station, and yes there are English regional TV stations which dont work obviously, but the local regional ones which worked before like BBC 1 Scotland do not work either now. Hence i was asking about autoscan ??

I know in my car if i do use FM after 30 miles odd the radio rescans itself automatically too stay in tune and receive a better signal, but the DAB and TV need too be manually retuned, as like you say there are regional channel variations which will not work.

I think i have accidentally switched something off on the infotainment screen, with regards too the tv settings, plus all the reverse sensors were working before hand and are all disabled now. Big Cry

Hmmmm typical bloke not wanting too read the manual, and now since i have accepted defeat, am paying the price. Now wheres the Censored manual Laughing
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

I tend to stream UK internet radio through my 3/4G sim card here as the radio stations are quite random and mostly Greek language. I get quite bored with BFBS (British forces Broadcasting Service) 1 and 2.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ordered the 24GB sim card over the weekend. Thumbs Up

How long does your card last approximately, and how big is it (GB wise), if your using it for live streaming of the radio ?

Going by other posts the data gets chewed up quickly if using it for live maps though Shocked
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

How good is the signal quality on the TV if anyone has one?

Dab radio works fine. Not dropped out or frozen once.

However the TV is not a 100%. Freezes quite a bit.

Pixallated images. I do know if surrounded by high buildings or trees this can cause signal issues.

Is there a way of resetting it too manufacturer settings so it refreshes itself?

Cheers Thumbs Up
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Whilst playing about tonight and storing favourite radio stations, I somehow entered an OSD, which showed that the DAB radio broadcast I was listening too was only available in Mono. I tried pressing several buttons, but too no avail. Is there a menu that I can access which changes the setting from mono too stereo? Thumbs Up

(I remember years ago when I first purchased a dab unit for my mancave, that it only had 1 speaker and I asked the salesman if it was stereo, too which he shrug his shoulders. My thinking at the time was that surely with the advance in audio sound quality, that they would not be taking a step back too Mono sound.
    A few years later I upgraded too a Dab + unit which had 2 speakers and was stereo according too the salesman.
    Yes I am aware too get true stereo that there must be at least 3/4 feet in the separation of the speakers, but even though they were only about 1 foot apart I could tell that there was a significant improvement in the sound quality with the 2 speaker trumphing the single speaker).

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    How good is the signal quality on the TV if anyone has one?

Dab radio works fine. Not dropped out or frozen once.

However the TV is not a 100%. Freezes quite a bit.

Pixallated images. I do know if surrounded by high buildings or trees this can cause signal issues.

Is there a way of resetting it too manufacturer settings so it refreshes itself?

Cheers Thumbs Up

TV reception is good in my experience, subject to interference while on the move (dual screen) as the signal comes and goes but good when parked up.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Finding the same - good when stationary but not whilst on the move, especially around town.
    Have dual view as well.
    Bit of a hit or a miss on the open road though as alot of the time keeps saying No Signal, but the DAB radio is fine though Rolling Eyes

What i have noticed on my car is that the TV (aftermarket) is affected when there are leaves on the trees but in winter once the leaves disappear is that the signal hardly breaks up. Stationary is ok.
    Affected driving in town with the high buildings and trees, but on the open road its fine.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

All the available DAB stations are shown in the "DAB STATION LIST" ...this updates automatically as you travel and stations either drop out or are acquired. Smile
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks DG - i forgot too mention that local TV stations, when around town and the outskirts, fails too work, and erratic at the best of times, even with the likes of BBC1 Scotland.
    I think its a software issue so i hope when it goes in on next week too get the AEB sorted the Phase 4 update will fix it but not holding my breath Laughing

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum