Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

1st Service Cost

She’s in for her 1st service next week (currently at 20k miles) ...2ltr HSE
    I don’t have the service plan...what is the price I should be expecting to pay for my 1st service?

Also should I be asking for software updates?
    (Still get car gear left in drive warning as well...)
    (Nav / media system never updated )

What should they be doing at this service over & above the basics?

D5 MY19 ANNIVERSARY EDITION sd6 3ltr V6 - Loire blue - 22”alloys
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

The only things they will do above the service schedule are any outstanding service actions against your car. These are mandated by LR.

You’ll have to tell them you have issues with certain things for them to investage and apply any software updates. Put a list of faults together and hand to the service admin. Also pre warn them as these will add time to the service so they can accommodate this extra time to fix them.

That’s what I do.

There is no one stop software update system. Each module will need checking based on the owner complaining about the items you list in your post.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Many thanks for the feedback...I am considering asking them to do Phase 4 software update whilst in for 1st service...how long does the Phase 4 s/w update normally take?

• winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Re: 1st Service Cost

Capt Pugwash wrote:
    She’s in for her 1st service next week (currently at 20k miles) ...2ltr HSE
    I don’t have the service plan...what is the price I should be expecting to pay for my 1st service?

I do have a Service Plan. I suspect it shouldn't have been sent to me, but my service was billed as £340.80. Makes the plan look mega good value..... Whistle
  • NicSymonds
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Mine was in for its 1st service on Monday and was the same price, £340. I have a service plan, but the bill was given to me "for transparency".
    They wouldn't do the Phase 4 update. They said it wasnt ready.

2017 HSE Luxury
    (2012 D4 HSE, 2006 D3 SE, 2001 D2 ES)
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Interesting gents, they said my 1st service will be £430!!! ...have they got the 4&3 the wrong way around I wonder?
    What dealers did your services?

• Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Service day has arrived & I feel as deflated about it as I did after the match last night 😔although the lads did so well to get so far...

This is my 4th Jlr product and I have learnt that service time is akin to spinning the roulette wheel...it is down to luck if comes through it with any of my list of problems fixed! or if they just apply ‘the bare minimum’ & ‘charge the maximum’
    Already I feel the quoted £430 is £100 steeper than other members have mentioned (£340 by two members) Is there a fixed price for the service costs set by Land Rover for its dealers to addear to?

Visiting the dealer for a service should be a pleasurable experience and a chance for them to connect with you and even show you around new products should you be interested...

But I know upon entering the dealer it will be mildly chaotic with the service desk being swamped with calls & problems from irate owners, and sales looking across at me thinking ‘nah ...no point he already knows about the quality issues with our products!’

Oh Well, once again I remain hopeful of a result!..let the game begin & hopefully they fix something along the way as they have it for 2 days...

• NicSymonds
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Capt Pugwash wrote:

What dealers did your services?

Guy Salmon in Bristol.

2017 HSE Luxury
    (2012 D4 HSE, 2006 D3 SE, 2001 D2 ES)
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Capt Pugwash wrote:
    Already I feel the quoted £430 is £100 steeper than other members have mentioned (£340 by two members) Is there a fixed price for the service costs set by Land Rover for its dealers to addear to?

Just ask them if they will price-match. They'll ask where you got the quote and how much it was - you'd easily get the £340. Too late now if they've done the service, just request when you book it in.

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

1st Service Complete...

They also carried out:

Phase 4 update to incontrol pro system (so far so good, quite like the new layout)
    N071 - Spare wheel security modification
    N151 - Auto Temp control module update s/w update
    N135 - Air suspension & adaptive dynamics warning s/w update

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum