Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• CanadianLurker
    Canada 

Timing on 2018 vs 2019 ?

I’ve been shopping around and can’t seem to find the right combination of colours and options in stock on dealer lots. Looks like I might have to place an order so it’s specced out just as I’d like it to be. The Dealer told me 3-4 months to order and get it delivered (Canada).

I’d like to do something sooner rather than later, but can wait it out until September/October if needs be. I’m currently in an Audi Q7 TDI waiting for the “Dieselgate” class action to be settled which should happen in the next 2 weeks or so, which would put the buyback in play in May some time. I could also keep driving the Q7 through the summer and delay things for a 2019.

Just not sure if I should jump in now and get one of the last of the 2018’s or if I should wait a bit and get one of the first 2019’s.

Questions:

When does Land Rover typically close the order book on the old year and open up the order book for the new year?

Any rumours on potential changes in store for 2019? Do they typically change much or just carry on without much being changed? Maybe colours choices?
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Hi CanadianLurker

Welcome! I can't answer your question but 3-4 month wait for your spec car will soon pass. My dealer will give me a loan car once mine is on its way here and I have sold my D4. Maybe you could arrange something similar with your dealer?

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Usually the following MY will start in the autumn of each year...but there are varying factors that can occasionally delay this as far forward as the January of the new MY
  • CanadianLurker
    Canada 

IndusD4 wrote:
    Hi CanadianLurker

Welcome! I can't answer your question but 3-4 month wait for your spec car will soon pass. My dealer will give me a loan car once mine is on its way here and I have sold my D4. Maybe you could arrange something similar with your dealer?

Ron

Thanks, Ron, that’s a good tip on the loaner. I don’t think that’s commonly done here, but it doesn’t hurt to ask! Thumbs Up
  • IanH
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

I've heard rumours that the TD6 is being upped from 258 to 300bhp for MY19. It's only a rumour though from a German dealership
  • CanadianLurker
    Canada 

My sales guy thought that there might be different colour options available for ‘19 but that’s all he had for possible changes at this point. More power would be good to have if that proves true!
  • jpi3418
    Australia 

IanH wrote:
    I've heard rumours that the TD6 is being upped from 258 to 300bhp for MY19. It's only a rumour though from a German dealership

The TD6 will increase its power and be joined by the SD6, both being Ingenium straight 6 engines (and the current Ford-sourced V6 diesel will be retired). The TD6 will have a single turbo and the SD6 will have two turbos and be capable of 350-400hp. Delivery for UK will be January 2019, not sure about the North American market. There will also be petrol versions with similar increases in power over the current Ford petrol V6's. I am pushing my D5 purchase back until 2019 because I know I will kick myself if I buy now and then in a few short months see Disco's with much more power hitting the market. I also love my D4.5 so its no real hardship to wait a little longer.
  • CanadianLurker
    Canada 

That’s an interesting development! Thanks for the tip. That would be worth waiting for. I could push my Audi TDI buyback into mid-2019 if details get confirmed soon. One worry would be that they delay the the diesel in North America America to 2020, or worse, they drop the diesel here. Guess I’ll hang in for a little while longer to see how this plays out.
  • winmar
    Germany 

MY19 in Germany

In the process of making the decision to replace my company car and Discovery 3 for a new Discovery 5. Went today to two dealerships in Frankfurt area and MY19 was confirmed to include a full new 6 cylinder diesel with 306bhp to replace the current TD6/256bhp version. The base TD4/180ps will not be continued in MY19, new base TD4 will be the 240bhp (currently the mid-engine). No word on a 6-cylinder diesel which fits within the 240bp and 306bhp units.

With the MY change also list prices will increase yet base spec across S/SE/HSE will be expanded. All should become configurable online within the coming 2 weeks.
  • Nenad

So the question remains if there will be both SD6 and TD6 engines. The one mentioned above sounds like new TD6.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

jpi3418 wrote:
    Delivery for UK will be January 2019,

Think that might be a little optimistic in respect of the straight 6 diesel.
  • winmar
    Germany 

The Velar MY19 update gets a V6 275 BHP diesel engine added. See the press kit and the comparison sheet on media.landrover.com. Clearly another reason to wait for the new MY19 configurator to become online.

https://media.landrover.com/news/2018/05/n...over-velar
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

It's just the TDV6 currently in the Disco5 with a different map - doesn't necessarily mean that it will come to MY19 Disco, especially as LR seem to want to differentiate between LR and RR branding.

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • winmar
    Germany 

MY2019 as of this morning available in the German configurator on the Land Rover website. The driver assistance packages have changed, furthermore you can now order adaptive dynamics (as on RRS) together with the new SD6 (306bhp/700Nm) engine. Acceleration quoted as 0-100 km/h in 7.1sec, top speed 209km/h.
  • CanadianLurker
    Canada 

Thanks for the update. Looking forward now to see if the more powerful diesel engine makes it to North America or not. Adaptive Dynamics too. Was hoping for updates to the colour choices but I’ll take more power if I can get it.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum