Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Wyvern
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Fuji White

Progression through the range!

Hi all
    New members on here - so just a note of introduction ...

My partner has just traded in her wonderful reliable Florenz Red 2014 D4 XS for a Fuji White and Black 2017 D5 SE at Roger Youngs in Saltash, ... hopefully picking it up later this week.

I have been on the Def2Net as an active member for some time and also on the D3/4 site for the last couple of years.

My partner has been working her way thought the Discovery marque and over the years she has owned a Discovery S1 300TDI, x2 TD5 S2 discoverys and then the V6 XS D4, So she is really looking forward to getting her new D5.

We tend to use our vehicles for a range of duties and including overseas trips to europe , recently we had a week camping in Germany in the back of the D4 - so its likely that this will continue in the D5.

She is an avid off road driver and has used the D4 frequently on the 10tors event as part of our 4x4 response duties for the Devon and Cornwall Team, as well as in many other areas where mud and water are involved! - I am wondering how long the clean shiny Fiji White D5 will stay White!

We are a landrover family and have had numerous defenders over the years, now I have a 2012 XS 110 that has been converted to a pop top camper (well documented on the Def.2net) so that gets well used when we go on extended tours and weekends away.

As always we are looking forward to contributing and learning from all on the forum - and will post pictures when we get the new beasty.

Team Wyvern! Thumbs Up

Team Wyvern, 4x4 Response - DC126 & DC127,
    Defender 110 2.2 camper in constant use, D4 XS gone - D5 SE gone - now Defender 110XS 2.2 is the new babe ! -
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Welcome Thumbs Up

You'll both love the D5 - its an amazing car that continues to put a smile on my face.

Did you go for the 2L or 3L diesel ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Wyvern
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Fuji White

She’s getting the 2l diesel 240bhp one as far as I know ... so its a little smaller than the 3l V6 of the D4, but from the test drive we had is was very little difference in the drivability except under hard acceleration when in normal mode (however she tends to use the ’S’ mode most of the time so that made it feel nearly the same)
    - I doubt as I will will be able to notice any difference as I only drive the car on rare occasions and the difference from the 110 to the disco is like moving to the starship enterprise from a bicycle !

Rolling with laughter

Team Wyvern, 4x4 Response - DC126 & DC127,
    Defender 110 2.2 camper in constant use, D4 XS gone - D5 SE gone - now Defender 110XS 2.2 is the new babe ! -
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

I find the 2L to be an excellent engine. Plenty of power when needed and very quiet. Only reason I see the 3L being of use is if towing heavy loads a lot and you want the creamy TDV6 noise Smile

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum