Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Tow Socket

I had a song sung to me the other day, one made famous by one of the old school comedians, Norman Wisdom.
    'A fool am I' rang out when I tried to connect my friends horse box to my new D5, the one I had been singing the praises of and able to tow anything we had to hand !!
    NO ;-(
    My new D5 capable of towing anything Smile could not tow legally on the road as the electric socket is the new type 13 pin and all our trailers and horse boxes are the 'proper' 7 pin ones !!!!!!!
    I had never seen nor heard of such a thing as a 13 pin socket and was on the 'phone to my LR dealer straight away and once it was explained to me I felt foolish again - getting used to that now Sad
    Now of course, having obtained a converter socket, all is sorted and I feel better now being a member of the modern world Wink
    A bit of a job fixing it due to the LR skirting but nothing a hacksaw couldn't sort out Smile
  • Teemo
    United Kingdom 

Maybe with all these Brexit shenanigans we'll be able to change back to the proper plugs and sockets. Whistle
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Stealer prices v online.

Hopefully save some of you newbies a few quid Very Happy

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

I removed the rear and front skirts

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum