Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Roof Leaking

After heavy rain SWMBO noticed water coming in through the OSR door grab handle

Anyone else had this Rolling Eyes

Going into the stealers end of the month so will add it to the list .......
  • Down & Dirty
    United Kingdom 
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 

Mines in at the stealers went in on Wednesday and still there now but they have give me a FFRR to use so not that bothered 😎
    They have had to get a glass firm in to remove the glass roof and then they can see what they’re up against they have also removed the headlining so they reckon I’ll get it back early next week ,

It was also in in for a noise from the engine which they said was an idler pulley which they have replaced, and also the dreaded service light on at 2000 M but I don’t know what they have done about that as of yet 🙄
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 

Bit of an update
    Well it was at the stealers for 10 days 😳
    It had the panoramic roof resealed and the rear door seal renewed.
    It also had a new alternator and idler pulley to try and eliminate the noise ( which is still there😢)

So it's going back in for the noise and the hole they have put in the headlining whilst it was being removed and also all the black marks they have left on the roof lining as well Shocked

I'm sure that if they had an in inspection and out inspection at the dealers before and after like in the good old days none of these return jobs would ever happen 😡
  • cji73
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Yulong White

I had a major leak through the front windscreen when the first rains started! Apparently wasn't sealed properly in the factory. Was in the dealers for 4 days for them to strip the dash and get all the water out!! The cup holders filled to the top hence the t shirt in it trying to suck up the water until I got home.

Will never buy a new production car again. It's crazy they need to iron out so many issues with these expensive cars!
  • Khauff
    United Kingdom 

So much for LR quality control checks, they are throwing vehicles out with problems purely due to supply and demand money hungry when they should spend more time sorting out the problems before selling vehicles on for sale.

Such a shame as they are great vehicles when they work Big Cry
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 

Update 🙄

Been in the stealers for 15 days now for the whine on the engine they have changed numerous pulleys and still haven’t got to the bottom of it Big Cry
    They are now in touch with LR technical to see if they have any answers Sad
    In the meantime I’m driving a Jaaaaaaag XE 😩
    Not going to be any good getting my daughter and all her kit up to York for her first day at Uni Crying or Very sad
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum