Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mash tattie
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Water leak, What would you do?

Hello. My new Disco 5 has a water leak that seems to have originated in the roof and showed itself all down the drivers side headlining, A pillar and center pillar and down to the carpets.

It is now with the dealer but my concern is water damage to the dash electronics, airbags and whatever else it has come in contact with.

Been informed that they are now going to start an internal strip to trace the source of the leak. Not sure i want it back once the tech's start pulling it apart inside, it will never go back the same.

To put it mildly...Fuming.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Sorry too hear that. You must be well gutted, especially for a brand new car.
    I assumed they tested for leaks at the factory, or maybe they just test random cars nowadays ??
    Sadly the product quality does not reflect the high demanding price, of a supposedly premium car.
    I would reject if it was my car, as I fully sympathise with your concerns. They may get the leak sorted, but the corrosion too electrics may get worse, causing problems in the nearby future. Shocked
  • mash tattie
    United Kingdom 

I'm used to The Land Rover brand I I know they come with a certain shal I say trait. For a so called premium vehicle I have to say the latest D5 is lacking in the quality of finish.

Yes I'm concerned about the hidden damage and my initial thoughts are to reject the vehicle as they will never put it back together right.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes I agree, all the possible rattles, creaks, and broken clips, not too mention the grubby fingerprints all over the interior, and ill fitting trim panels. (I hope your interior is not ivory). Already had a family member reject his brand new D2 years ago due too water ingress. The carpets were akin too a swimming pool as the water ingress was so bad. This should not be happening on any vehicle, let alone one costing this much. Whatever happened to Quality Control Crying or Very sad
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

There was another thread on here somewhere with the owner mentioning that he had started hearing water trickling above his head when he used the rear washwipe. I'll try and find it as they may be connected.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
  • mash tattie
    United Kingdom 

Thanks but wish it was that. It's a significant amount of water and I have not used the rear wash wipe.

đź‘Ť
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear that Mash, I really hope that it's a simple fix with no lasting damage.
  • piggy36
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Namib Orange

water leak

Hi Mash tattie, we have a 2017 disco 5 and are currently experiencing the same issue. We took it to the dealer yesterday. We too are worried about what damage the water may have done internally. How did you get on with yours? I do hope it's sorted and still not ongoing.
    Confused
  • mash tattie
    United Kingdom 

I rejected the vehicle as the damage by water ingress is unknown. I have not purchased another Land Rover!
  • piggy36
    United Kingdom 

o wow, that doesn't fill us with much hope. I can't pm you as I've only joined today until I have 3 posts.
    We absolutely love ours but this is not a good problem to have. Did the dealer accept the car back and how did you manage to do it? Everyone is telling us to do the same but we feel we should give them a chance to sort it but are worried about the long term damage to the interior and electrics like you also said.
    Thanks
  • piggy36
    United Kingdom 

sorry I also wonder how bad the water was? I have a video but can't seem to upload it to here for some reason.
  • GusPaterson
    South Africa 

Leaking roof

Hi All, I just joined as I'm in the progress of upgrading my trusty Disco 3 with 225 000 km on the clock to a Disco 5, however I am becoming increasingly concerned about the quality issues and various niggles.

I just received a video clip from a fellow Disco owner of water pouring through the roof of a new Disco 5, above the rear view mirror. Evidently there is no sunroof, so it's a solid roof.

Does this seem to be a common issue?

Perhaps I should just go for a late model Disco 4 until LR sort out the Disco 5 Very Happy ?

Great forum!
  • Labbix

Your choice of course, but as I said before on this forum, wouldn’t dare to do with my18 HSE lux what I did with our D4 in Southern Africa, only due to the DEF and quality issues. You don’t want to be in the middle of Moz or Bots or even Namibia and the machine stopping because it’s exhaust fumes are not to spec... Don’t know about the dealers in Capetown as our was in Centurion, but at least ours did a great job every time I had to go in. If it’s urgent, maybe the last D4, if not wait till 2020 for the probably inline 6 diesel, wouldn’t go for the single nor double turbo td6 or sd6, although is a superb engine and actually more or less the same as in the D4, the DEF stops are my main concern, but hopefully time will proof me wrong Wink
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Welcome too the forum Gus Thumbs Up

By the time the D5 is sorted, the D6 will be out.

You will constantly be playing catch up mate Laughing
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum