Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Multicar Insurance Policies

Anyone found a good one??

Have been with Aviva but in my opinion these aren't what I would call multicar policies. Specifically that can only use No Claims Bonus on 1 car and you can only accrue NCB on 1 car. We have 4 cars, so when you're looking to insure 2 with "zero claims bonus" the costs get too high.

I also discovered that you have to specifically ask for NCB to be allocated against a car otherwise you lose them....
  • LiftedDisco
    United Kingdom 

Yes - Admiral

Full of praise for them - we first turned to them with a young driver in the house and found that by going multi-car, the discount on the highest rated car (then an 18 year old with a modified Clio...) outweighed the stand-alone premium on Niki's Mini... free insurance in effect!

Since then, we have added another policy so are now running three vehicles, each with multiple drivers and each accrues their own NCD.

In the interests of complete disclosure, our eldest then managed to have an accident (in a 2 month old car) and also got a Notice of Intention to Prosecute just 2 days prior to renewal!

The claims service was perfect, and they rated her vehicle on an assumed 3 points with the promise of a refund if it turned out to be a Driver Awareness course. Imagine my surprise when she was offered the course and, best of all, Admiral coughed up on the refund amount...

Hope that helps
  • JonnieH
    Northern Ireland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Agree - Admiral

We have three cars on our multi-car policy, each have multiple drivers and our 19 year daughter has earned 1 year NCB under her own policy

Their customers service has been great, always very helpful when I have had to contact them,. Their online portal is simple and easy to use to access all the policy documents for each car.
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Admiral were £1k more than Aviva for 4 cars, but it does sound as though theirs is a genuine multi-car policy
  • LiftedDisco
    United Kingdom 

Ah... they actually just make the premiums up...!

Aviva were nearly £1k dearer than Admiral at the time of renewal - nevertheless, I rang Admiral to 'negotiate' (bearing in mind Jess had just received the NIP) and the call centre folks offered a discount on every element of the multi-car policy - 15 mins saved around £300!

Bizarrely, Aviva were far cheaper on Niki's Merc SLC but they were far, far more expensive on the kids' vehicles but the fact that Admiral responded helps. It's a gripe that you should have to ring at renewal but it's a game worth playing at those rates!

I'd be tempted to ring Admiral in your situation and challenge them...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum