Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

Not standard with mine, quite sure it was an extra (and happy not having it this time), but mine seems to be Ukrainian spec if topix is correct...
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

Labbix wrote:
    but mine seems to be Ukrainian spec if topix is correct..

Weird - just looked in Topix and under my vehicle details it shows "UKRAINIAN LITERATURE PACK" wtf is that in there for??? Perhaps mine was diverted back to the UK Whistle

Where does it show Ukrainian spec, Labbix?

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Labbix wrote:
    And I suppose if you can see this and change temperatures separately you have 4 zone

Hi Labbix,

thanks again for your reply.
    That's what I though: 1st row left & right (=2) + 2nd row left & right = 4. But that's not how LR counts. Very Happy This is just the 3 zone climate control. The 4 zone control has got extra air outlets in the roof, next to the reading lights in the 2nd row. It looks like that:

Click image to enlarge

I just found a topix document, that says "the standard aircon (2 zones) does not have that option". That would mean the 3 zone and 4 zone aircon do have it.

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • Labbix

Hauser,

Now that I think about it, people in Australia are complaining about not having airco for the 3 row without the 4 zone option, if I remember well, this would give:
    - 1 row: 2 different zones and 2 different temp settings
    - 2 row: 1 zone (but strange that we have the 2 different temp settings)
    - 3 row: 1 zone (no separate temp setting)

FWIW: I have 4 zones and indeed the 2 outlets in the roof + both sides + under the front seats (for the 2 row) and for row 3 only outlets at both sides of the seats.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Labbix wrote:
    Or when you are somewhere next to the car, but the kids are quicker to get to the back;)

Oh ok that explains it Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

Or that row 2 does have the 2 separate temp settings and that row 3 is simply a mirror from the 2 row settings...

No idea how it really works, and iguide is not very informative neither (although there is a picture for the rear climate with only 1 temperature setting, so I would think this is for the 3 zone configuration...)
  • Labbix

Hi TazDaz,

If I remember well it is in the list which shows the options of the car, I have to look it up again to be sure though.

I was surprised as well as:
    - I ordered the car in Albania (official dealer, I was at the official opening myself with the LR international, being Italian, hotshot)
    - where I was told they have to order it with the Croatian importer (so I thought it would have the European spec)
    - but the dealer works with the Italian LR website to show you the available packages ( which once more gave me the impression I would have the European specs)
    - but asked me to use the international LR configurator to spec the car I wanted ( which seems to have the European specs...)

And once I got the car, Topic shows me that’s Ukrainian... although the LR book that comes with the car with all the explanation is in Croatian... and the dealer gave me a separate English one as well
  • ravrav
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Collected car today. Phase 4 was indeed installed and all appears to work fine (so far). From my experience, the dealer was the problem, not the software.
  • TazDaz
    England 

Just spoke to my dealer service department about the problem I have with being unable to load media from USB and Bluetooth media isn't available.
    I remarked to him that there was an item in the Phase 4 release notes about this. He replied that he had not heard of a "Phase 4 update." Unbelievable!!!
    OK It's booked in (end September) but they asked me to bring in the information on this Phase 4 update.
    Surely they must know about it? It was released in June.
    OR should I contact JLR Customer service and pursue it that way (as I have another dealer much closer to me than the supplying one)
    Any advice please?

• rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

If its were me i'd contact the dealer thats closer and go with someone who already knows about Phase 4. The upgrade is bad enough without you possibly being the first one to have it with this dealer who doesn't know about it!

If the dealer closer doesn't know about it (which i'd would be surprised about), then definitely a call to LRCS.

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

+1

You do not want to be the guinea pg for this

I know on the Phase 3 update that mine failed on the first attempt and it was blamed on the techie not having kept his laptop up to date with the JLR support software.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I wouldn't bother ringing Customer Services if i were you.

I spoke to them recently about my 2K Mile service interval to which they replied, "I'll book you in at the dealership" which is what they have done TWICE !

Then they proceeded to to read from screen that my service interval was EVERY 16K miles or EVERY Year.

So upon their advice that's what i'm working towards.

Wish me luck Laughing

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

jimbg wrote:
    +1

You do not want to be the guinea pg for this

I know on the Phase 3 update that mine failed on the first attempt and it was blamed on the techie not having kept his laptop up to date with the JLR support software.

Ssssshhhhhhh, I'm Guinea Pig ing the 16K mile service interval, we need some one to take one for the team on this one.

Thumbs Up

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Labbix wrote:
    Or that row 2 does have the 2 separate temp settings and that row 3 is simply a mirror from the 2 row settings...

No idea how it really works, and iguide is not very informative neither (although there is a picture for the rear climate with only 1 temperature setting, so I would think this is for the 3 zone configuration...)

Yeah I don't know either. It's strange.

I got info from LR Customer Support Germany that my car should have the option I am looking for. So no idea why the option is missing in the climate control menue. Still waiting fro my dealer to respond... Sad

Greets & thanks,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • TazDaz
    England 

ravrav wrote:
    From my experience, the dealer was the problem, not the software.

This is what I'm afraid of !! Big Cry

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum