Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

So, the cars due into the dealership again tomorrow. The second chance for them to fix my issue with not being able to login to my profile in the car. So its Phase 4 all the way!

Must admit to feeling a little worried that it'll come out worse than it is at the moment!

I've been given a loan car till next Tuesday potentially, so they are expecting to do quite a bit of work I think. I did say to them I wanted a half decent car, so they have me in a Jaguar XFR sport - might be fun I guess.

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Rockcypher wrote:
    My new Denver dealer didn’t want to install either, my old OKC dealer confirmed to me it was out and available after the Denver guys were hesitant. If you are having any issues such as screen or audio not functioning (was very infrequent and similar behavior as my other Rovers), that should be enough reason for them. Good luck. One note, just ran to Costco and backup camera booted into “slim” version after cold start

This is interesting - my Colorado Springs dealer didn't mention or offer it, but my 1-year service is coming up at the end of August and I'll make sure I ask explicitly about it when I schedule it. I'm still on the factory installed version from last year despite three opportunities for them to accomplish an upgrade. No RSE on mine.

The Land Rover-run focus group has been spending a lot of time asking participants about infotainment - and they keep getting pounded on to just implement Android Auto / Apple Car Play already. Seems like they must have an army of infotainment engineers they would feel bad about firing, or perhaps they have a contract with Bosch for several more years to support ICTP...their resistance to and refusal to even acknowledge the clamor and din in that group is puzzling.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

I went into my one teat service in an Island off Montreal with no mention of the phase updates.i had the same updates as DR has I think at his last service. Interesting. Of more interest I was expecting my next service to be a year away from the last one, but I have a sticker (Casrol). In the windscreen that says serve iin dec , odd . The service countdown is less than the 24km of the first service. But with an extended warranty I am not sweating

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Well my car went in this morning. The dealer still seems to be a little cagey when I ask him whether the Phase 4 update is going to be and fix this. Don't think he's ever actually said that they will be doing this, however LRCS told me this is the only way to fix my problem.

Initially was looking at a Jag for a loaner, however when they couldn't find that they sorted out a RR Evoque - only to find out thats been taken already! So ended up in a Disco 5 SE.

• Craigp
    England 

At least with the SE you will know the infotainment system works ok. Very Happy
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Car got the phase 4 update last week and it went well the dealer said.

Never fixed the AEB problem though, so still waiting for it to be sorted.

Currently also have an Evoque as a loaner which has a tiny boot.

Rather have got a D5 as we need the 7 seats, and as kids are on holiday we cant go anywhere Sad

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 27th Jul 2018 2:31 pm. Edited 1 time in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, in the same boat Road Runner. 1 week gone and 5 weeks still left, and they are all bored stiff already!

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

This will be the 3rd week that kids are off and 3 left. Like you said bored stiff!
    Was planning a drive down too France and a visit to Eurodisney, but looks like it wont be happening.
    Exact same happened last year with the FE- had to cancel Eurodisney trip and the kids were not happy.
    Looks like we will be flying this time though as no indication when the car will be ready.
    At times Mrs wishes that we still had the D4 as everything worked perfectly.
    Cant even fit a suitcase in the Evoque let alone tow a trailer as no tow bar.
    The main reason why we purchased the D5 was that at times like this the extra boot space is invaluable. The last thing i want to do is tow a trailer all the away abroad Sad

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, its difficult to find things for them to do. My kids age groups are between 10 and 14, so Thorpe Park is too grown up for most of them and Poultons Park is too young for a few of them!

Looked at the Harry Potter experience near Watford, but for 7 of us its going to cost the same amount as flying to France and spending a weekend there! Centre Parcs is just far too expensive (£4k for the lodge without food and drink and activities). I can't justify paying that..

Hoping to go down south to visit friends for a few days, so that'll be a nice change of environment for us, and then maybe a trip to Wookey Hole, which will be another day out... The D5 and its 7 seats is perfect for the trip.

Next year its definitely a trip away, maybe Florida, or California, or even the Caribbean.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes tell me about it, some prices are extortionate. Have to have your head seen too if your forking out so much for so little Shocked

Was thinking Alton Towers or Legoland next week. Was looking at Florida next year as well.

Still to do the LR factory tour in Birmingham and thought visit the Cadburys factory as well at the same time.

However 7 seats are still necessary (5 plus empty boot for luggage).

There is no way the luggage will fit into the Evoque, plus its cramped to say the least Sad

I did request a car with a towbar, but they never had that either. Easy taken the trailer if car had a towbar. Fit in all the luggage and Mrs epic shopping Laughing

Garage has only got the 1 D5 loan car though Sad

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I was faced with the same problems, lack of space, seats, tow bar etc, That's why i decided to just keep running it. After all, there's nothing wrong with it.

Had the Oil dilution tested indipendently last week, I won't divulge the dilution but it's in DOUBLE FIGURES.

There's nothing wrong with it though, it's had the update and that was merely a formaliy.

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

Chalky - how many miles were on the oil you tested?
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Inintial Oil changed at about 2,600 miles as early Oil Warning light came on.

Booked it in to the dealer and they said the Oil was at 9.3% dilution if i remember correctly, They informed me that the Oil & filter was replaced, i asked them to top up the adBlu at theb same time which they did.
    The service manager was great to be fair, he said they had seen this before at varying distance levels.
    he also said that it wasn't of detriment to the vehicle and that the dilution would not hinder the vehicles longevity as there was in fact nothing wrong with the vehicle either before or after the oil change and softeare update. The software update relates to the vehicles sensor and not to vehicles version 3 or 4 update.

He spoke about the sensor or sender anomaly, that it required an update and that it had been carried out.
    The throttle response was crisper and it felt better to drive after the update.

The service level indicator continued to drop like a stone after the Oil change, So in answer to your question... miles on the Oil after the change again about 2,500 miles. I've just pipped over 5K now, so i've another 13:5K miles with the Oil. I wont be taking it back to the dealer for an Oil change as i personally believe that it does not require it due to the service manager informing me that it was a formality and that the previous work rectified the none fault. Also the continued Oil usage every 2:5K is by my reckoning not very economical or green, As a manufacturer to build a vehicle to stringent criteria to then require 35 - 40 litres of oil every 16K miles should be quite frankly not allowed.

Some one within the Motoring organisation should be made aware of this, because trying to reduce emmisions whilst litterally dumping Oil as a resource is something that JLR should be brought to task over.
    It makes the VW emmisions scandal look quite none discript.

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

Maybe a discussion better moved to the oil service thread in Faults and Fixes, but oil recovered by most dealers, at least in the US, gets recycled anyway, so I would say there's little environmental effects to early oil changes aside from the extra emissions driving to and from every couple months. The steam coming out of owner's ears doesn't affect air quality, except to raise the temperature locally. Laughing

My oil was only about 3% diluted after ~4700 miles on the oil despite the computer saying it was at 6.1% with "Service Due Now" showing.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

With all the owners having an increase in body temperature, it may contribute to global warming Rolling with laughter

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum