Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Leroy
    Australia 

Brake Dust

Does anyone know if you can buy low dust or ceramic brake pads?
    My D5 is the first Euro car I have had a the brake dust is driving me mad.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

For the D4 you could buy Akebono pads. You could check if they are available for the L494 RRS, I thought it had the same brakes as the D5.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Leroy
    Australia 

akebono brakes

Thanks Ron for your reply. According to the Akebono's web site they not yet got D5 pad. I hope you have fun with the new Discovery. I am overall happy with mine except the infotainment system.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Re: Brake Dust

Leroy wrote:
    Does anyone know if you can buy low dust or ceramic brake pads?
    My D5 is the first Euro car I have had a the brake dust is driving me mad.

Hi Leroy, this may be a cheaper option. Got the wheels coated a few weeks ago. So easy just too powerwash the brake dust off, without even taking a mitt too it. Like yourself it drives me mad, as have silver 22's, and against the black car it sticks out like a sore thumb when dirty. Have you got black wheels which look brown when caked in brake dust ??
    (I think that being an automatic that the D5 sheds alot more dust than a manual Disco would).

www.gtechniq.com

Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour. Thumbs Up

Quick Overview - 1 to 2 years durability
    Repels brake dust making your rims very easy to keep clean

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

Right now, ceramic Coating was my best option as well, pretty happy with ceramic pro, got the platinum package, and gold on my other car, no difference in quality so far. https://ceramic-pro.co.nz/
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Some of the EBC pads have a specific low dust compound, They’re all colour coded so should be easy to find the right compound but maybe more difficult to find the right D5 application.

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Labbix wrote:
    Right now, ceramic Coating was my best option as well, pretty happy with ceramic pro, got the platinum package, and gold on my other car, no difference in quality so far. https://ceramic-pro.co.nz/

Went for this package-

Crystal Serum Ultra + EXO " CSU Black " - 4x4
    All paintwork degreased with Gtechniq Panel Wipe, then coated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra
    followed by ultra-hydrophobic Gtechniq EXO. Nine-year Gtechniq Guarantee.

Gtechniq C5 - Wheels On Package
    Wheel faces degreased with Gtechniq Panel Wipe and coated with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour.

Gtechniq Seat Pack
    Leather seats protected with L1 Leather Guard.

Interior Valet
    Interior hoovered, trim and glass cleaned.

Single Stage Detail - 4x4.

*All bodywork including wheels, arches and door shuts thoroughly and safely washed and de-contaminated
    using various chemicals and techniques.
    *Vehicle dried then inspected under several lights ahead of machine work.
    *Single stage machine enhancement on all painted surfaces.
    *Two coats of either wax or sealant applied to all painted surfaces including door shuts.
    *Wheel wax applied to wheel faces.
    *Trim dressed with a durable trim sealant.
    *Tyres and plastic arch liners dressed.
    *Glass polished and rain repellent applied.
    *Exhaust and chromes polished.

First wash was on the weekend. Not even touched with a mitt. Just a snowfoam and a rinse and was sparkling. All i had too do was dry it with a chamois cloth or a microfibre Thumbs Up

Only difference is Crystal serum light has only got a 5 year warranty and not as tough as the Ultra. Very similar to the Ceramic Pro that you have.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

Ceramic Pro was the only coating company I found that was present here in Albania Wink
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Re: akebono brakes

Leroy wrote:
    I hope you have fun with the new Discovery.

If I drive to Port Kembla today I might be getting a glimpse of the car being unloaded Smile

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Leroy
    Australia 

When Dust

Thank you everyone for your help. I will follow up your suggestions
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum