Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• neillstratton
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Yulong White

Roof rail cover strips falling off..

Hi all,

First time posting here, despite having had a good few problems with my disco in the last 6 months, but had a new one this last week.

One of the strips which covers the roof rail fixing points decided to disappear mid journey - checked the remaining one and it seemed to have become very loose - possibly in the heat?!

Has this happened to anyone else?

When checking the one thats left i found it ridiculously easy to remove it - just a swipe with my hand, no real force and it slid off..is this right?

JLR wrapped the roof black for me pre-purchase so wondering if something happened there, or if its the recent spike in temperature?

Its going in on Monday for service required, ad blue etc error messages and replacement door lock covers, so hopefully theyll replace these too!

Any previous experience appreciated!
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

JLR didn’t wrap your roof, the dealer did (or rather a sub-contractor to your dealer, I suspect). Which dealer was it?

I’ve got roof rails, nothing loose on mine

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Had all of mine replaced under warranty a while back as they were all falling off, thay appeared to have been bodged from the factory with double sided tape. FDealer fitted new and properlley all seems good now.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Having had to remove the access covers to fit a roof rack I can tell you they do not come off easily, sounds like your dealer may have removed them and damaged the retaining clips

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I've been driving in 90-100deg F heat for two weeks now and mine are rock solid.
  • neillstratton
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Yulong White

thanks for the feedback guys!

agree it wasn't JLR themselves (bought from Beadles Southend - Essex) ,but thats who I have paid at the end of the day!

Russell - which dealer did you go to, that replaced them under warranty?

Deff sound like mine have been either broken bodged - just some double sided tape under mine as well!!

Hopefully get a resolve on Monday - i'll let you know!
  • HDFB110
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Had to remove my covers as I fitted the LR roof rails.
    My covers were held on with plastic clips & double sided tape.
    Very solid
    Most, if not all of the clips broke when I removed the covers, & it took some hard work to remove the double sided tape remains.
    Suspect that during your roof wrap the covers were removed & again some of the clips broke.
    Guessing they then just resorted to adding more double sided tape.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum