Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

MY2019 HSE ordered today - black, black, black & more black

Thanks for all the advice to my recent post about what to replace my D4 HSE with. I did the deal today...

MY2019 (no forum for it yet) D5 HSE 3.0l diesel is on its way... Very excited about the new digital dashboard, or whatever you call it...

Santorini Black with Black Exterior Pack, Privacy Glass, Ebony Headlining (finally - thank you LR for offering this at last!), Driver Assist Pack, Heated Steerling Wheel (missed it on my last D4), Premium Carpet mats, Dark Satin Brushed Aluminium Trim,

Only bits which aren't black are the wheels, as I couldn't bring myself to look totally gangster.

Should be here late Sept-ish, and look like this:

• IndusD4
    Australia 

I think you did good leaving the wheels to break up the black a little. Looks nice!

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I have an April 2018 D5 Corris Grey with Ebony interior.
    I wish I did not have the Ebony interior - it shows up the dust terribly.
    We not only have this hot weather to cause dust but also Salisbury Plain has been burning for the last two weeks and the air is full of ash.
    My last vehicle had Almond interior and I can't remember dusting it more than once a month or when the wife complained, with this ebony interior I am doing the complaining !!!!!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Our BMW has an almond interior but that always shows up ink from jeans. Seems you can't win what colour interior you choose.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Yup. Constantly cleaning jean blue off the drivers seat edge where I slide into the car.

Mind you. The light interior is lovely šŸ˜Š

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Roverā€™s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

slap them black wheels on too.. full black on black Thumbs Up

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Agreed - love my black 22ā€s!

Iā€™ve ordered dynamic pack on my next one, donā€™t like the wheels so much though. Might get them to swap them over!

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • stingray
    Wales 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I will be collecting my TD6 HSE this week, which has the light oyster interior. It is paler than the Almond in my current D4, but I still much prefer it over black, which I find to be too dark, and as has been said, difficult to keep clean. I know it seems counter intuitive, but somehow I feel that the light colours stay looking good longer.

I also like the contrast between the seats and the brown door cappings, dash top, etc, with some gloss black touches as well. It breaks up the look of the expansive interior,

having said all that, to be honest I'm not that impressed with the colour options available and hope I have made the right decision!

All just my humble opinion - we're all different!
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the replies. Very excited about the new motor - and as always, Harwoods Croydon have been most helpful.

Had black headlining in BMWs previously and never an issue with it looking dirty, so maybe I just donā€™t live in a dusty area.

Not a fan of the black alloys though, for me personally. Do wonder if it could do with a Knight Rider ā€˜Kittā€™ red light sensor on the front though.......
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Itā€™s the dash that gets dusty. Love a black headlining Thumbs Up

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

dust on the dashboard is handy for quickly writing down phone numbers Thumbs Up

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

DiscoStu wrote:
    Itā€™s the dash that gets dusty. Love a black headlining Thumbs Up

dunno about the analogue one but the full digital one is pretty annoying how dusty it gets so quickly Mad

i've got full black interior and i think that unless you have the light coloured seats then the black headlining is the better option. just my opinion of course Smile

• achichon
    Gibraltar 

MY2019 HSE ordered today - black, black, black & more black

should have been

MY2019 HSE ordered today - black, black, black &..... silver wheels Rolling with laughter

• GP1200
    Australia 

Go totally Gangster!
    Love my black wheels!
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Excuse my ignorance, but these Incontrol Apps - is any part of this standard OE spec on a My2019 HSE, UK car? See lots of people talking about them but it was never part of anything I read or spoke to the dealer about before placing the order. Do I get any element of this? Not too fussed either way, just intrigued to know that's all! Thanks.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum