Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• CEEGEE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

" Boot Protection"

I want to protect the boot and have used Hatchbag in the past - they are brilliant !

However, I can't help feeling it would be "a right pain" when I want to use the 3rd row seats, because however good they might be, they are a bit of a phaff to fit in the first place.

So, other than just a mat on the floor i.e. no protection for the sides, does anyone have any other solutions that are still easy to remove to make use of the 3rd row ?
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I invested in some thick pile carpet, stiff enough to stand up the sides and back of the seats by about 2'
    Used a carpet needle to hold the corners at the front so that the front and side stay upright.
    The whole back of the seat is covered by a sheet of canvas and held in place by the head rest bars.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Easy for me to say as I have a 5 seater, but I got the LR rubber mat for the back to avoid wet dogs making too much of a mess with the carpet. It lies loose on the floor and very easy to remove, which I still need to do to wash off sand etc.
    When using this mat with a dog guard you will need to cut off 2 small sections of rubber where the dog guard is screwed into the floor. I can take pictures of that if needed later.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Oh, and side protection I haven't done anything about yet. The back of the 2nd row is protected by the dog guard as it stands about 2 inches or so in front of the sea backs - I get no dog hair on the seat backs.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

You are lucky in that we in UK don't have the option of the five seater.
    It is a shame because every one I have bought gets the rear seats flattened and sheeted over and never see the light of day again until I sell the car.
    I have the rubber mat, then carpet, and on top of that, the dogs bed, the dogs bed gets taken out when I need more space.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

I use Weathertech no side protection but a good fit and so far holding up well

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

EMcC wrote:
    You are lucky in that we in UK don't have the option of the five seater.

In AU, the base D4 TDV6 spec was a 5 seater and cloth seats, 7 seat was an option, then any higher spec had 7 seats by default. I did have a 7 seater and used them initially frequently, but with the kids having their own cars ended up only using them once a year if that.

The D5 are all 5 seaters in any spec (even HSE Lux), with 7 seats an option at $3,500 however it also requires to you have an electric opening tail gate at $1,500 so all in all the 7 seats is a $5,000 option on my SE spec. Having no need for 7 seats any more I spent the money on paint instead Smile

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

I have always asked if we had the option but it was never available so had the same answer - US spec only Sad
    I have never used the rear seats ever, that is the platform for my dogs before I retired and now for my single dog and shooting gear.
  • CEEGEE
    United Kingdom 

I think one of these might be a good compromise - keeps the sides protected from wet and muddy dogs, but very quick and easy to remove...

https://www.boot-buddy.com/land-rover/disc...versaliner
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I was looking at one of these but the company said it wasn't compatible with the full height LR dog guard I have, I think this is similar to the LR rubber mat which needs to be cut to allow the guard to be attached to the boot floor.

If you could get the sides and back only then I'd still be interested in one.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • CEEGEE
    United Kingdom 

I think you're right, I would have to cut a hole in each back corner to allow which ever dog guard I go for, because they all use the 'tie down' points in one way or another.

The same would be true if I went for a Hatchbag, and as your say, the LR mat has the cut out lines already there to follow.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum