Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Labbix wrote:
    Mine are tinted, even the front ones, but the tint doesn’t keep UV out...

How dark are your front windows Labbix and the rears?
    Were they factory glass or aftermarket tints?
    Whats the law there state with window tints ?

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

One of the reasons I got a tint on the front windows Wink
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Laughing

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

First I had 95% but way too dark in the evening and actually dangerous as you can’t see everything around you. So I changed them to 65%. As I had these on my disco 4 as well and I was actually happier with it.

Here is the product: https://www.solarscreen.eu/film/en/119/aut...hera-265-c

Illegal indeed for the front and front side windows, but you can ask permission from the government (if you are not a convicted criminal or so I suppose). Have it on all my cars and even when driving trough Europe I never had a problem, but of course I have not a EU plate, but an Albanian one for the moment. For insurance there was no problem. And I think that even in Europe you can have until 30%, but check locally of course. In attachment a picture with the 95%, if you want I can take a pic later from the current 65%. But as I have the blinds as well in the back, these windows always look way darker than with the factory privacy glass alone.

• Labbix

On the disco 4 I had these ones or similar (anti smash & grab as were living in South Africa, no need for these in Albania Wink, but maybe for the UK or the rest of Europe as that is were some locals get ‘their’ car...

https://www.solarscreen.eu/film/en/111/saf...mega-465-c
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes please, 65% as a comparison would be great Thumbs Up

• achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

i have the factory tinted windows... did u put them on top of those? i only really want them for the rear as they are illegal here but i'm sure they wouldn't be able to tell if i add them to the rear factory tinted windows.

also anyone know if you can buy them pre-cut? just to make it more hassle free lol

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Labbix

I have the factory fitted privacy glass as well for the back, did not put extra tint or foil on, but have the shades instead.
    For the front ones: it was not a pre-cut as best fit is when the whole glass is taken out (as they would when replacing it) and then the foil is put on. I once had it placed on the glass without it be taken out of the car and it was worse quality (you can easily see this on the top off the glass and check the ending of the foil) and it even coming loose a bit (and it had to be replaced).

These pics are the 65% with sun full on and the factory fitted ones at the back with the extra non-fixed LR shades Wink

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum