Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

It's Here! MY2019

It's here!

MY2019 3.0 SD6 HSE (although LR are now calling it SDV6) 306bhp with Adaptive Dynamics and Capability Plus Pack

Farallon Pearl Black with extra black bits, privacy glass. Adaptive headlights, heated steering wheel, fridge, heated and cooled seats and remote timed climate.

Shame about the cracked windscreen - the delivery driver hit a stone on the way here. Should get replaced by the dealer but it's a PITA I could do without!

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

FANTASTIC!!
    Congrats my friend.
    Unfortunately I still have seven weeks to wait for mine.
    I've also ordered adaptive dynamics. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on them, and also a photo of the controls for them, I can't seem to find any photos showing the buttons.

Cheers
    AJ Very Happy

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

There are no controls - it's automatically on all the time.

I haven't had chance to push it down any country roads yet to see how it handles. I'll let you know.

• Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Ok cheers
    That's great I'll look forward to knowing how it performs.
    Do you have anything to measure it against? Another D5 without the dynamics?

Nice looking car by the way Bow down

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

I've had a D4 for the past 6 years and had a loaner D5 without adaptive dynamics for a few days recently while the D4 was in the dealers so I should have a good idea.

I've only had a short drive in it so far and haven't got the weight of all the kit in the boot that I normally carry but the suspension felt very soft on our rough track then stayed remarkably flat once up to speed on the open road.

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I’m liking this a lot - about 2 weeks more until mine’s ready to collect. Another black car with silver alloys (which is the perfect colour trade off). Enjoy!!!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Looks good Jon, enjoy!

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

We’ve had our D5 for a year now and I still love it.
    It’s the best car I’ve ever had. Enjoy you will love it Thumbs Up

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Re: It's Here! MY2019

JonM wrote:
    It's here!

MY2019 3.0 SD6 HSE (although LR are now calling it SDV6) 306bhp with Adaptive Dynamics and Capability Plus Pack

Farallon Pearl Black with extra black bits, privacy glass. Adaptive headlights, heated steering wheel, fridge, heated and cooled seats and remote timed climate.

Shame about the cracked windscreen - the delivery driver hit a stone on the way here. Should get replaced by the dealer but it's a PITA I could do without!

Congrats! Smile
    Wow - now the engine bay doesn't look empty anymore. Very Happy

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

What's new in the engine bay then that's talking up all the space?
    Smile

• JonM
    United Kingdom 

There's an extra set of air filters and pipes and an FBH. Plus some gubbins that I don't know what it is.

You need a TD6 photo to compare.

• yankeefr78
    France 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Thumbs Up
    Congrats

Looks really great.
    Have ordered SD6 santorini black with black exterior pack . Delivery not before beginning of december.

How is the drive with the additional power (306hp) ?

Looking at other threads, 19MY seems to have car play (at least it is shown in the latest tutorial videos) - do you have it in your version ?
    Very Happy
  • yankeefr78
    France 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Could you also please post some additional pictures (int. & ext.) ?

Thanks
    Smile
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

I have an android phone not an apple so don't know about carplay but I can fully control the audio from my phone via the car's touch screen including playlists and showing album artwork on the screen etc.

Compared the my D4 and previous D5 loaner's, the 306 feels really slow.....until you look at the speedo Shocked . It feels slow because it's so smooth but it's MUCH quicker than the previous models. I'm still running it in, so haven't tested it fully yet.

The Adaptive Dynamics makes a significant difference. It is completely seamless, you can't tell that it's changing between different settings. At slow speeds the suspension is really soft and wallowy it makes you dread throwing it into a high speed corner but when you do the suspension stiffens and car stays flat and if you give it some right foot out of the apex it almost feels as though it leans in to the corner on a banked turn. Then a few meters down the road it glides effortlessly over the pothole again.

I'll get some more photos soon. I've been too busy playing with it to photograph it. Rolling with laughter

• maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Sounds lovely!

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum