Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Zayed
    United Arab Emirates 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Hi all

Commiting on Labbix issue just want to add that i dont have sim slot installed but mine got updated with 18c. Android auto and ACP working fine but android auto screen is not full.
  • Labbix

Hi Zayed,

Good to hear it is working in your car! Do you have working WiFi and/or 4g in the car as well or not, as with me these are not working...
  • Zayed
    United Arab Emirates 

Dear Labbix

I dont have WIFI and 4G in my car because of the sim card slot is not there. For you i dont think you would have an issue with the update just double check with your dealer they might install it wrong.
  • Labbix

Dear Zayed

Thanks a lot for this info, my dealer told me yesterday they would have an answer from JLR today, but this afternoon I got the message that ‘the system’ was not working today, so hopefully tomorrow we get an answer.

Achichon might be happy as well with the info you supplied, as I think his car is without the sim as well and supposedly not ready for the smartphone pack, which you proof wrong now. Time will tell.

But thanks again for telling us!
  • Labbix

Just to be complete: my VW and Audi have no sim, but they can use my phones wifi and 4g to act as a hotspot for the car (google earth, news, car check, ...) and other people inside. When I ordered the D5, my dealer said it would be the same, but it turned out that my D5 is not able to act as a hotspot, although with the phase 3 software it still had the (non working) option. Since phase 4 even the hotspot option is gone.
  • Labbix

Dear Zayed, last question, is yours a MY19, as these will be different I suppose, or an earlier MY?
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Labbix wrote:
    Just to be complete: my VW and Audi have no sim, but they can use my phones wifi and 4g to act as a hotspot for the car (google earth, news, car check, ...) and other people inside. When I ordered the D5, my dealer said it would be the same, but it turned out that my D5 is not able to act as a hotspot, although with the phase 3 software it still had the (non working) option. Since phase 4 even the hotspot option is gone.

I'm not following - if your vehicle has a wifi modem, you can turn on your phone's hotspot and connect the car to the internet that way - they would have to actually engineer something special to NOT allow this. Do the new ones not have a wifi modem? If the goal is to offer wifi to other users in the vehicle, why not just use your phone?

Mine is a MY17, and it cannot simultaneously connect to my phone's hotspot *and* offer hotspot services to other users in the vehicle. It's one or the other.
  • Zayed
    United Arab Emirates 

Hi Labbix

You most welcome and i hope yours got sort it out as soon as possible. My Car is 17MY Hse Lux, for now the new update version it comes with an option to update manually if your car has internet connection. But with my case,let me know if there is a way to share my phone connection with the car.
  • Labbix

Diesel ranger, you are right:
    JLR was so friendly to design something to NOT have WiFi in a 100k€ car without telling the dealer/customers and they call it HSE lux in 2018...

Problem is not I can not give WiFi to the other people in the car, but that the car itself is absolutely not connectable to the internet, so no apps, news, updates, checking of vehicle and so on. I I would have known this in advance I definitely would not have bought the car, as the only navigation working a bit here in Albania is google maps, that’s also the reason I hope ACP will work. But even than, I still want to reject the car as it’s not what we ordered or paid for.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

i't's definitely a regional thing cos it happens to us here in gibraltar. i've been told they r looking into it but no idea when/if/what. i think they should just give us replacement usb ports with the corresponding Censored hardware.

DG wrote:
    I have a sim slot and telematics ..so maybe its a regional thing .....waiting for news now

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

very interesting... could you please take a picture of the usb's under the arm rest and acp/aa on you screen please? thanks

Zayed wrote:
    Hi all

Commiting on Labbix issue just want to add that i dont have sim slot installed but mine got updated with 18c. Android auto and ACP working fine but android auto screen is not full.

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

OK just had the motor back and pleased to report a successful install of 18C ...carplay and android apps appear on the screen but haven't had time to play yet .....will report later Cool
  • Zayed
    United Arab Emirates 

• Labbix

Answer from JLR:

" We confirm that this option is not available for all Europe Countries , this include and Albania as well. If new information regarding Apple CarPlay and Android Auto in Europe Countries will be available this will be communicated in Market"
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Software version number is now

Anyone have a shot of android auto working for me to compare to?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum