Like a dream ...seems even more responsive. Still playing Cool
  • Down & Dirty
    United Kingdom 

Excellent Thumbs Up

2018 HSE Now Gone
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

videoooo lol also do you have digital dash??? what info do you get in there?

DG wrote:
    Like a dream ...seems even more responsive. Still playing Cool

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

thanks.. it's different to me though you have a HDMI port, we don't. it's a different part/ part number Sad apparently JLR r looking into it. i hoper they get their arse on gear and get this sorted. surely it's can't be that big an issue to have usb ports replaced or whatever unit is required added to the system.

Zayed wrote:

• Labbix

Achichon, my Belgian dealer told me it can not be done as it’s built on the chassis, so could only be done in the factory, don’t know if it’s true.
    I really don’t understand why JLR didn’t give all the lux versions the full connectivity here in Europe, or all cars whatsoever and why they don’t not mention it. They even advertise here for all the connectivity which they don’t want to provide in real life, not reallly what I would call a fair company. This is clearly a choice they made to keep their ‘other market’ customers uninformed.
    Same with the oil dilution, this as well they never admit or mentioned (not to my knowledge at least), so I can only conclude JLR prefer their customers to be uninformed and/or use as (guinea) pigs.
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Today

Did LR Experience in a Brand new 68 plate D5 SDV6 HSE...MY19

and yes i checked it didnt have Android Auto...

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Labbix wrote:

I really don’t understand why JLR didn’t give all the lux versions the full connectivity here in Europe, or all cars whatsoever and why they don’t not mention it. .

If you check the Apple website

https://www.apple.com/uk/ios/feature-availability/

It does say

Quote:
    Some iOS features are not currently available in every region or language.

Albania is missing from the Carplay list of countries
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 

Right, my issue is that apparently our telecomms company haven't applied for a license that our government need to issue them in order to have the go ahead to give out sims for cars bla bla bla for e it sound like a load of BS but hey who am i to complain...

but what i don't understand is why are usb slots different? why can't they just leave the same for everyone it's bad enough them removed the hdmi, sim and wifi ffs. it's quite annoying tbh lets just hope they come up with a solution soon

Labbix wrote:
    Achichon, my Belgian dealer told me it can not be done as it’s built on the chassis, so could only be done in the factory, don’t know if it’s true.
    I really don’t understand why JLR didn’t give all the lux versions the full connectivity here in Europe, or all cars whatsoever and why they don’t not mention it. They even advertise here for all the connectivity which they don’t want to provide in real life, not reallly what I would call a fair company. This is clearly a choice they made to keep their ‘other market’ customers uninformed.
    Same with the oil dilution, this as well they never admit or mentioned (not to my knowledge at least), so I can only conclude JLR prefer their customers to be uninformed and/or use as (guinea) pigs.

• Labbix

So, can anyone explain why ACP and AA is working on my VW and Audi here in Albania... it’s purely JLR who doesn’t do right and doesn’t want to inform its local customers correctly, that’s why, to me, it became a rip off company by now
  • StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

OK, so I got the Smartphone pack today on MY18 under warranty thanks to Listers of Droitwich. Big-up to Dan who knows his stuff, great customer experience! Thumbs Up

This was the second attempt the dealer had at getting the Smartphone pack install, as the first time they said LR had not made it clear what to do, but had updated me to S18C

It was explained to me that LR haven't been very clear with all dealers on what needs to be done to code this into the car. The dealer today told me technicians are trying to update the ICM module but it's the ICS module that needs the update. Hence why the first time they tried the ICM module said no update after S18C was installed. They put a call into to support and booked be back in and got the Smartphone pack on in a few hours today.

Really impressed with car play just a shame that Google maps doesn't interact with the LED instrument cluster.

I still fail to see why in this day and age there should be mass confusion among dealers over the Smartphone pack.

Used the heated steering wheel for the first time today Whistle Cool
  • cji73
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Yulong White

Thanks that's great to know. Mine goes in on Monday so keeping my fingers crossed it will work!
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

All done. ACP is great and I can finally now play music from my phone via the media ports Thumbs Up

Waze and Google Maps seem to work well. Buttons on screen work too to search locations etc so not sure why SinTov's doesn't. There are permissions you need to accept on the phone with some apps so maybe turn wake the phone and then open the apps and see if that is it?

iPlayer Radio for one won't work if you are not signed into your BBC account.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

ACP is new to me, but please tel me why I’d want my iPhone 7+ to need it.

I currently have full phone functionality, I like the LR SatNav and my music from the phone plays seamlessly over Bluetooth. What am I missing?

The only irritating phone issue I’ve encountered is that my phone doesn’t beep to alert me to a WhatsApp whilst I am driving. I wouldn’t want to read whilst driving, but I’d pull over to read them if I knew they were there. That’s the only thing I don’t like.

So what are the ACP benefits and would it require the phone always being plugged into a USB?

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Here's a link to a car play video

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum