Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Really? Not noticed TBH. I rarely use that screen. Will have to have another look.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Fish4funjb
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

JonM wrote:
    It shows off-road height 1 as the off-road height symbol with a pair of arrows numbered 1&2 next to it and the lower arrow highlighted.

Sort of.. mine on,y shows that icon with 1 and 2 by it if selected program is anything but general. Other than that it stays with off-road height nim1 or 2 by it in the dimensions screen.
  • Labbix

Ok, I don’t get it:

I’m parked and select off road, mud-ruts, and raising the car, than I get following pic:

Or

Am I now in height 1 or 2?
    The car doesn’t raise any higher, even when I press it long. When I lower it, it automatically goes to normal height, being 21 cm, and not to position 2 or 1. Free height I have is max 28 cm, I suppose this is not the max height as the D4 could get height when stuck.
    As I try again and again I never get the picture with the numbers 1 and 2 anymore, just normal or off road height...
    What’s going on or what am I doing wrong?
  • Fish4funjb
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

Same thing with mine. I just trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Mine shows the normal off road height symbol when first selected then changes to the one in your photos when driven above 31mph and it lowers to off road height 1. The measurements shown on the screen don't change though but if I actually measure the height of the car it definitely has two off road heights.

I can't manually select off road height 1 it only happens automatically after driving

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

That's what mine does too. I select off road, it raises by 75mm. The icon is the normal off road icon. With the 4WD info on the display and exceeding 31mph/50kph the suspension drops to the icon where the lower of the 2 dashes is 'lit' - in the original software there's no number next to it but corresponds to the "1" setting as in Labbix's post. for me dash next to the 2 is never 'lit', off road 2 just shows as "Off road". I'll take some pictures this weekend.

To go back to off road 2 when in off road 1, you have to lower to normal first, then select off road again.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Just on the going back from off road 1 to off road 2, the manual suggests to get back you can just drive under 25mph/40kph and press the suspension height button. So I went out with a tape measure and I can say on my car this does not work as the manual suggests. I cannot get back to off road 2 unless I drop it to normal ride height first.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum