Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Yep, it is now working the way I want it to but I still have no idea how I managed it.
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Now I have another problem Sad
    On starting up it says on the panel that I am due a servicing in 1600 miles !!
    I have only done 4600 miles since new !
    On checking the read-out from the stalk it says that the ad Blue is due for topping up at 2860 miles !!
    What the heck is going on ?????
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

I think it should say how much you need to put in to top it up, what's it saying there?

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

As far as I am aware it is the read-out from the stalk that should give you a read out of the oil needed in the engine as a top up and the mileage due before the full service is due.
    The reading from the Stalk also tells you how many miles before the AdBlue needs topping up.
    The AdBlue, so I am told, doesn't tell you anything about top ups until it is due for a total top up.
    Just after I have started the engine I have a read out on the dash that the vehicle is due a service in 1600 miles !!
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Ad blue tanks are very small and not enough to go between services but if you have the service plan it is done FOC
    As for service due early, look for oil dilution issues you will see services are due early and in MY18 car handbooks it actually states that. Hence MY 18 you have to pay for additional oil changes MY17 you dont

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Russel, I have already gone through the Oil Dilution problem and had the 'Software' problem sorted !!
    As for the AdBlue I am happy with the read out from the Stalk read out, as that tank is only a Gallon - ish,
    I would expect that to be topped up between servicing.
    This is a read out on the dash at start up telling me that the vehicle is due a Servicing,
    like you say it could be another Oil Dilution problem or another 'Software' problem !!
    I have phoned Westover in Salisbury and now await their reply from the servicing department.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 

EMcC, if yours is an 18my car there is no "software" issue, the cars were built with the latest software available, the service due will be because of predicted oil dilution approaching the 6% where the vehicle needs an oil change, this is typically around 5000 miles, with approx 1500 miles to service you'll get a warning at ignition on which will count down every time you start the car, it will go down by an amount differently to the mileage, sometimes quicker, sometimes slower. You need to get car in for an oil change, at that point the dealer resets the oil dilution counter, to start with, the next service should show up as being at approx 16000 miles but will decrease more rapidly as you use the car.
    The adblu tank is approx 18 litres and mine uses approx 1 litre to 500 miles, so full tank gives around 9000 miles range, once it needs more than 5 litres to top , the service display will show how much is needed, once the mileage to empty gets below 1500 miles you'll also get a warning on start up, as range decreases, you then get a warning of no starts in xxxx miles.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Hi Trev, mine was bought in April this year but I was told that the chassis No SALRA2AK6HA040176 indicates a Nov 2017 build.
    Shortly after I had it the screen showed that I needed a service, the mileage was 2000 so it went in for a oil dilution problem but it turned out to be a software problem so got that up dated and that got that sorted.
    Then at 4.5k I lost my Sat Nav and Telephone connectivity so it went in to have a 'Phase Four' up grade !!
    Now on start up it is showing 'Service due in 2800 miles'
    I have contacted Westover in Salisbury and they said it can be sorted but is classed as one of my Services under my service plan and that according to them my driving style will use up my five free services within 12 months Sad and couldn't be done very soon as they are very busy !!
    I contacted another LR dealer some distance from me and they said no it is not part of my service plan and could sort it, oil and filter change, Wednesday and would only take about an hour or two while I waited Smile They said not only would they do the oil and filter change but would top up my AdBlue at the same time too.
    That is another black mark for Westover LR of Salisbury as far as I am concerned Sad
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Well that's a turn up for the book Sad
    I have now lost the read out on start up but after a few miles have lost my Sat Nav, 'phone connectivity and radio, the problem I had initially before it went in for the phase four up date that was supposed to sort that problem out Sad
    Then when it decides to come back to the start up screen the radio switches on and cannot be switched off even after exiting the vehicle Sad(((
    I have also noticed that I cannot connect to my USB either after a bout of this happening.
    What the heck have I bought !!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Trevorb1 wrote:
    the cars were built with the latest software available,

I doubt that. My MY18 is in today at 4500km for oil dilution and the dealer mentioned the software update. And Phase 4 was available already at the time my car was built yet it wasn't installed when I got it (but I'll wait for Phase 5 to get it updated).

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Mine is now going back in for another up date as I have the same problem I had before the last phase four up date.
    I wonder what will go wrong next,
    I think, to hedge my bets, I'd better visit Halfords and buy a portable Sat Nav as an emergency.
    £56k for a vehicle that is not 100% ready for the road is a disgrace.
    Does anybody know of anybody turning a vehicle in and getting their money back and if so after how long ?
    This is something I am seriously considering.
    This is beginning to turn into a very expensive pantomime.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Or wait for phase 5 and use Apple CarPlay / Android Auto with google maps?

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Just back from Westover LR Salisbury, All my software has been up dated with the latest up dates and is now in tip top condition - so they say.
    However the reason my Sat Nav and all the other problems I have had were due, according to them, to a memory stick loaded with music that I have been playing previously in my D4 and this one since day one of ownership Smile
    They have labelled it and told me not to use it again.
    I will do as I am told like a good boy and see what happens for the next week or so.
    Watch this space !!!!!

Last edited by EMcC on 5th Oct 2018 9:13 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Craigp
    England 

I had something similar. Took my usb stick out of the D4. The D5 never played right took ages to load the music up system used to crash complained loads of times to the dealer that the system was rubbish. Posted on here more than once about their Censored system. Anyway one day the stick failed altogether bought another one loaded my music on it. Absolutely no problems experienced since Embarassed
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Well here I am back again ;-(
    This morning on start up the dash message read 'Service Required'
    Oh dear here we go again says I to myself.
    Presses the button on the stalk to see what the read out says and lo and behold -
    Oil Service 0 miles,
    Diesel Exhaust Fluid refill 8450 miles.
    Contacted the local LR garage and told of problems and that I was scheduled to do a 300 mile run on Wednesday, what could they do.
    No problem bring it in on Thursday and we'll do an oil change says the LR rep !!
    Rang up LR assist to ask for advice, told to ring them when I break down and they will send out a mechanic !!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum