Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Sat Nav going blank :-(

I have a 3litre D5 SE bought new in April.
    Recently, over the last week, I have been driving along and the Sat Nav screen goes blank/black for a few minutes then comes back on displaying the Land rover badge.
    I ignore it for a while and after another few more minutes the screen goes blank/black again.
    Then after another few minutes the screen comes back to it's initial page as when starting up.
    I have also noticed that the telephone answer button on the steering wheel only answers periodically and when it does the line is so crackly, breaking up, it is impossible to use.
    This is the same, crackling/breaking up, in both the call and answer mode.
    Like the sound of a radio in the olden days when a generator was working in the area !!
    I can use the 'phone once out of the car and some distance from it so have ruled out a 'phone problem.
    Anybody else had similar problems and how was it fixed ?
    I will speak to my LR dealer this week but don't have much confidence in them since being taken over by Westover.
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Sorry no idea. However I do share your sentiment regarding Westover.......
  • samyil
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I had similar issues. Most sorted after phase 4 update.
    I still have occasional issue with radio having no reception!!
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Phase 4 update ??
    I would have thought that as mine was bought in April it would have been up to date with anything that was needed. It behaved itself today so I didn't get in touch with the dealer, I am not too keen as it has now been taken over by Westover but I may have to if it misbehaves again Sad
  • samyil
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Someone will know how to tell if you have phase4, less colourfull home screen I think. Yes, it would be logical to sell a new car with the latest software but this is Land rover!.
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

We have a very large Military exercise taking place in this area and a military friend suggested it may be them practicing their radio jamming !!
    I have not been more than 25 miles away from this area yet so I will have to wait and see if it still plays up when I travel further away.
    I will try everything before I go to Westover in Salisbury again but I may have to bite the bullet one day Sad
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Had no choice today Sad
    On my way to Salisbury this morning my Sat Nav screen went blank again and also when I tried to use the 'phone the 'Phone screen said 'Downloading your Book' so I tapped my contacts expecting to get linked to my last couple of calls - no !! screen message 'Downloading your contact list' and it took some time too.
    So as Westover is on the way to Salisbury I did a quick diversion and yes it does need a 'Phase 4 upgrade' so now is booked in for 1st October, that's the earliest they can fit me in and expect to wait four hours Sad
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

I had the phase 4... whole system still crashes about once every couple of weeks on average...loss of nav everything...it is almost like it is doing a ‘hard reset’ ...whilst I am driving!
    Also randomly lose the radio/DAB function and iphone X connection...
    Am living with these and other issues until next trip into dealer for something else more severe...not sure as with some other ongoing issues that they will fix it before I decide to change the car for a more reliable brand!😕

Last edited by Capt Pugwash on 20th Sep 2018 8:55 pm. Edited 3 times in total

D5 MY19 ANNIVERSARY EDITION sd6 3ltr V6 - Loire blue - 22”alloys
  • Ajc66
    United Kingdom 

Why such poor feelings about Westover?
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Last service did not use the vehicle mileage on the service report sheet,
    Asked for valuation against a partex at the same time, did not get it.
    Told the Sales rep would get in touch and never did. When contacted was told Rep not in but would be told to get in touch when he returns - never did.
    Told Adblue gets topped up only when being serviced, not when needed in between servicing unless bought from them, That has now been clarified.
    Asked for advice about one of the facilities/buttons in the vehicle told to bring it in for servicing and would explain it then !! at that time not due a service for nine months.
    Asked if I had the manual as it was all explained in there, told them I could not understand it.
    Was told they would see what could be done and let me know,
    I was sent copies of the pages in the handbook. !!
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

My new, April this year, D5 has lost it's Sat Nav and telephone connectivity, Westover cannot get it sorted for two weeks because they have no courtesy vehicle Sad
    I had problem once before and Westover could not sort it for some time so I contacted LR assist and they arranged a replacement vehicle to be waiting at Westover the next day and my vehicle was given a priority repair.
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Finally got my Phase Four up date after a four hour wait, two cups of coffee, two packets of biscuits and a bottle of Coke, did the crossword in the Mail and read it from front to back and read most of the Telegraph and so far the Sat Nav seems fine.
    Had a problem with the Blue Tooth connectivity but the kind man from Westover came out before I drove away and sorted that out for me.
    Now I have my dashboard screen full of info I don't wish to see when I am driving.
    It is the MPG, Miles left in the tank, Average speed, and another little dial thing that I don't know what it's for.
    I have been through the manual and can't find anything that I can understand to let me clear it.
    I've pressed every button in turn on the steering wheel and still cannot get rid of it so it looks like another trip to Westover in Salisbury and hope they are not too busy to help me.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Can you not bring up the menus to setup the car options and info display at all ??

Button on the end of the left hand stalk ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

EMcC wrote:
    Now I have my dashboard screen full of info I don't wish to see when I am driving.
    It is the MPG, Miles left in the tank, Average speed, and another little dial thing that I don't know what it's for.

Is this the display between the dials? If so, on the steering wheel, left side, press MENU, then using the << / >> left/right buttons, select the sub-menu that says DISPLAY. Under that will be a number of choices,. e.g. Two dial, One dial, Full map, Media, or a Driver assistance view. Use the up/down buttons to select one of these. Maybe yours is set to one of these

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

I have access to all the displays by pressing the button on the left hand stalk but when the 'Display' option is given and I press for that and go through all the options none changes what is on the display.
    I pressed so many buttons last night and didn't get anywhere so I gave it a good telling off and maybe this morning when I go out it may have listened to me and behaved itself Wink
    so we shall see in a few minutes Very Happy
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum