Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Bluetooth music stops playing

has anyone else had this issue...

it was all working fine until i tested the iOS12 beta for my iPhone X... so i just left it as it was due to the beta. but now even with the full version of iOS12 i still have the same issue.

basically i get in the car.. phone connects and music starts, then a few seconds after it stops. i check bluetooth it shows the phone as connected i press play on the phone and it just plays off the phone i try to change the audio output on the phone but no Land Rover in sight... check in the car and it shows as my phone is connected. so i remove the car from the phone and try remove the paired phone from the infortainment and it just hangs until the car is turned off (complete shut down) and even so when i get in the car later again many times the phone still shows as paired...

it's becoming quite annoying tbh

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

I don’t think this is iOS12 related mine does exactly this. The only exception is the time frame varies. I.e might be fine for the whole journey or could pack up within minutes.

Booked into the dealer next week.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

i took the car in, the guy checked it out and we decided to re-install phase 4... so far so good i must say.

plus he's going to let me know as soon as he gets notice of the so called "enhancement pack" which will apparently will be slightly different for us in Gib as we don't have the inControl Apps, 4G sim or Wifi hotspot. but he has confirmed that Carplay and Android Auto is coming (actually been delayed here cos of the above reasons apparently)

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • roverhaul
    United States 

I had a similar experience on a MY17 Range Rover, after iOS12, I got random drop outs. The audio on the phone kept silently playing during the drop outs. They would last for 4 seconds or so and then come back.

I un-paired and re-paired the phone and they stopped... Temporarily... When it happened again I just turned Bluetooth off and on on my phone and it started working again.

Just my two cents since it's all InControl Touch Pro - Phase 3 still for me.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum