Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Quick question... for those people that had the cooler working poorly, did replacing it resolve the problem?

Mine is hardly cooling, and the LR dealer say that it is working "as normal" and so they won't replace it.

The cost of a replacement is not so high, and I am considering simply replacing it myself, but I want to be sure that the problem will be resolved afterwards.

LR here in Luxembourg told me that there were two different models for the D5, and that one of them doesn't work well, but that the two models are NOT interchangeable. I have not found any information online about this!!
  • Labbix

Mine was replaced under warranty, but after this it really worked well, I had a MY18:

• Labbix

The FFRR (Velar and sport as well I think) has a different model with two buttons, but for the D5 I never saw any difference between the MY.
    And if you think it’s not working correctly, than your dealer is talking scheisse, as it really should cool and even rather quick. On both my D4 and D5 it was the same not really working from the start, let your dealer prove to you that it works and don’t let them tell you it’s not a fridge, but only a cooler box as my cooled cans really feel like they come from a decent working fridge. I never understood why dealers would like to mess and lie to their customers... and if they didn’t lie to you, then they might not know their job well enough...
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Could you come and tell the LR dealer here in Luxembourg that?

I have already taken it to them, and they told me that they tested it, and that in 10 minutes the temperature went down by x°C.

The problem is that there are only 2 LR dealers in the whole country, and they are both owned by the same managers, and so are both as hopeless as eachother.

I have had a look, and the cost of a NEW part is only approx €300, so I am honestly thinking that I will simply order a brand new one, and then install it myself.

I just have to see how hard it is to get to it!!
  • Labbix

I’ll pass through Luxembourg in a month’s time Wink but without the D5 as already sold...

Not the same, but might give you a clue:
    https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/h...dge-70466/
  • Labbix

And why not go for a visit in Belgium? Can’t be that far...
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Because the closest LR dealer in Belgium is nearly 1 hour away, and they are also crap.

I asked how much the 1st service on my D5 would cost (nothing to look at other than the service), and they wouldn't give me a price, and told me that they have too many clients, and won't service my D5 as I didn't buy it from them.

Germany was similar. They would only give me a price quote if I went over to them with the vehicle so that they could see it.

In the end, I went to France for the service, but they are a repair centre and not a dealer, so to get warranty work done through them is more complicated.
  • Labbix

Not good.
    The only dealer I used in Belgium is in ‘Herent’ (which is next to ‘Leuven’ or ‘Louvain’ in’ French). It’s in the Flemish part of the country, but they should be able to speak English.
    I went their a few times and asked them lots of questions about the D5, which they always answered. Even when I told them before I wouldn’t buy with them as I’m currently living in Albania, they never made a problem about it and gave me their cars to test drive without any hassle.
    And after I bought the D5 in Albania and had some issues, I spoke to their technical man to see what could be done and they were really helpful.
    So if that’s not too far away, give them a call, maybe they will be more helpful...
  • Mikmillar89
    United Kingdom 

The wire was there on mine to retrofit fit, but with all things disco 5 there is nobody to code it in, and plugging it in and putting a fuse in doesn't work!
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Mikmillar89 wrote:
    The wire was there on mine to retrofit fit, but with all things disco 5 there is nobody to code it in, and plugging it in and putting a fuse in doesn't work!

I think its only 4 wires isn't it? I'm not sure if its uses the CanBus or anything?
  • Leo disco
    United Kingdom 

Its not just the power supply.
    Unlike the D3 & D4 it looks like the center console is different for the cooler. I bought a cooler and had a look.
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, i'm guessing its power and a CANBUS connection, the CANBUS probably reports on usage and lets it know the ignition state, report faults etc. That would mean it would need to be activated and as I seem to be gathering from the posts on here the only things which can be activated with Pathfinder are genuine Accessories like Activity Key, Electric Steps etc and not parts.
  • Leo disco
    United Kingdom 

Gents
    Don't worry about coding. It won't fit in. See attached pictures. There is no removable box like the D3 and D4.

• DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

I think there is one on fleabay including the console too Smile
  • Mikmillar89
    United Kingdom 

The cooler definitely fits as I've fitted one. It plugs in fine, then I put the fuse in but still nothing. I've been told by a few people it needs coding in land rover will do it but you need to buy the fridge from them.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum