Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

And for sure the steering wheel is a lot thinner, I too noticed it immediately, you are still sane Wink
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Very nice looking motor Thumbs Up
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Don’t bet on the SNP not penalising second home owners, they are threatening it. Highland Council are already making plans for hiking the Council Tax. I lived in Harris back in the 80’s. Its totally changed, a lot more retired couples from outside the area who are living the dream which normally turns into a nightmare.

Yep, like your car, I too can’t see past black, sort of surprised you didn’t go for the back alloys to complete the look. Strange about the tyres, I’ve got Pirelli on mine.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Not a fan of black alloys! For me personally, doesn't set the right look on a black car. Pretty happy with here just the way she is for now, but each to their own! Thumbs Up

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Black alloys are don’t highlight the muck so much. Thing is I can’t understand why they don’t supply the black wheels with black wheel nuts. The other down side is do you spoil the black looks with silver side steps or go totally black?
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Just tell your passengers to learn to climb and do without steps altogether (they are a pain if you are tall like me, anyway)! Personally, the car's already cost too much so no more accessories needed and the budget already blown too!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Very true. Thumbs Up

I had to have a tow bar put on. SWMBO was not wanting me to plant one on her car, so I had to bite the bullet at my local dealership within a couple of weeks of getting the car. Got a discount, but still £880 fitted for a removable one.

SWMBO is pushing for the side steps, saying she (5’3”) can’t manage to get into it easily. Might have to concede. Rolling Eyes
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I have noticed far less brake dust on my wheels. The D4’s used to be black in the space of a week with LR pads and discs, on the D5 even after 4 weeks they still look silver. Did LR put ceramic pads on the D5?

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

So here is the Recaro seat installed with the head support lowered (as we currently require), and also raised. I’m no expert on this, but is something wrong here?

I’ve not played around with the seat recline yet, so could potentially get a better fit, but seems pretty secure and solid to me?

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, adjust the seat recline and I’d put a towel or something under the seat to stop it marking the leather.
  • Labbix

I see you have the easy fix for the 2 year old ad well, with me these seats are more ‘solid’, than the one with the open space at the back. In my other cars all the child seats fit well with the back against the car seat, which I suppose is the correct way. And JLR writes in their own disco 5 manual (iGUIDE):

CHILD RESTRAINT CHECK LIST

13. For some child seats, it may be necessary to remove the head restraint to make sure of a stable fit. Always refit a removed head restraint after the child seat is removed.

For me this emplies that it should be possible to remove the head restraint...

And if it wasn’t because of the head rest in the disco 5, it would fit without the space as well, so it bothers me I can’t take these head rests out and fit the child seats fully touching the car seats.
  • Labbix

Being a safety engineer myself by education and profession for 20 years or so (ok, not in child seats, but chemicals, oil, gas and pharma) it just doesn’t feel correct. Now all the forces are put on the head, and a minor fraction on the hips, instead to the whole back of the seat. The head is already the heaviest part of our body and probably the most fragile (with the neck). So all extra force acting on it in case of an accident can only make things worse. I’m pretty confident if you would ask Recaro or Maxi cosi or whatever make, how they would like their child seats to be positioned, they will tell the seat should be with the back against the car seat, which makes the actual design of our car seats in my opinion a serious design fault, and personally I don’t know any other make where you or can’t take the head rest out or are not able to put the head rests more backwards.
  • yankeefr78
    France 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Do you have the Adaptive Dynamics in your 19MY ?

When I ordered mine, my dealer told me that it would make the ride less confortable, but I'm starting regretting this choice, as from what I've read in other threads, it is fantastic Big Cry .

D3 HSE 2.7 06MY / D4 HSE 3.0 SDV6 13MY
    D5 HSE 3.0 19MY Santorini Black - 20" Style 5011 - Electric sun roof - Rear privacy glass - Dark satin brushed aluminium trim finisher - Ebony headlining - Heated seats & steering wheel - Premium carpet mats - Surround camera system - Black Exterior Pack - Driver Assist Pack
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Well my 2yo will be a 3yo in days and hates her ‘baby seat’, so we order d a second identical Recaro today as she’s now in the weight and size bracket for it. Plus, in the Maxi Cosi on the FamilyFix bass there is now very little leg room for her behind the drivers seat as I have it all the way back.

No adaptive dynamics on my car, but the smoothness of the ride has impressed me nonetheless. Didn’t even know what it was when I ordered the car...

I agree it’s crazy you can’t remove the headrests, but having played around with the seats today I’m happy enough that these will work for us in the car and we’ll stick as is.

• graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

The 2 things I noticed straight away on mine were thinner steering wheel and really tiny drivers floor mat!

Had 7 Disco's and I really miss the chunky steering wheel. The drivers mat is a joke! I'm used to hoovering my cars every 6 months or so whether they needeed it or not but after only a fortnight with this one I cracked and had to clean out the drivers footwell. I normally drive with boots or wellies on as that as what Landrovers are for. Going to have to look for some decent mats..

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum