Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Trip computer green driving symbols?

Have flicked through the manual a couple of times this weekend, but can’t find the answer...

I’ve got the digital dash, and if you click through the trip computer, one of the options - after the trip mileage, range etc, shows three symbols with a series of green, amber or I think red dashed lines after it. One looks like it’s measuring how green your acceleration is (is that right?) and I can’t tell what the other two are?

Can anyone explain this properly to me?

If no one understands what on earth I am blabbering on about I can post a pic tomorrow.

Many thanks!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Labbix

Something like this?

Driving style:

The driving display shows an immediate assessment of the accelerator pedal position, engine speed and driving speed, and the braking behavior compared to starting points for efficient driving.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

^^^^^ what he said Thumbs Up

It gives an indication of how environmentally friendly your driving style has been over the last few minutes. One is throttle position, one is engine speed and one is brake use. Green is good, red is naughty.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thank you both. Perfect explanation!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Craigp
    England 

Ist there also a screen giving you points on your diving style. Sadly this doesn't relate to oil dilution.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

The three things are
    Braking , how efficently you brake hard or soft etc
    Second is speed, this reflects the speed limit so if the speed limit is 30 and you do 31 it goes to amber, if you are way above the speed it goes to red
    Third from memory is how hard you plant your right foot.

All aimed at improving your driving to make it the most economical and enviormentally green

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

In AU, LR don't use the speed sign recognition system on the D5 so I thought the middle symbol was for engine speed in gear. Mine goes orange at times, usually when going up hill in a lower gear, but there's no way for the car to know the speed limit on the road.

I drove a BMW with speed sign recognition and it doesn't cope well with our 40km/h school zones (certain times of the day and school days only) so can't be relied upon.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum