↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Down & Dirty
    United Kingdom 

Cool Thumbs Up

2018 HSE Now Gone
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Set up multiple profiles based at different addresses (make them up) on Carwow so you get a huge range of offers from LR dealers from all over the Uk. When you get the cheapest deal, ask for a full PCP quote and then just send it to your regular salesman at your local dealer and say the deal is theirs if they match it. And be prepared to buy from a far away dealer if they don’t.

Worked a treat for me. The saving was ridiculous as it was crazy for them to miss out on a sale when I was very serious about ordering elsewhere that day. The rival dealer was oddly only 50miles away but I wanted to stay with my trusty salesman, but not at his price.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Thanks for the tips folks - very useful. Keep 'em coming!

Will choose adaptive dynamics as I do tend to push on a bit
    Standard stereo it is
    Would have timed climate if I used the car for commuting, but I won't
    Was going for 21" rims but underwhelmed with the choice in that section
    Hadn't really considered the cooled seats - any other views?
    Thanks for the tips on the DashCam fitting. Blackvue seemed to be the standard, but current reviews aren't so good - what do other people use?
    Any views on target discounts and when's the best time to order what with the 19 plate arriving in March?

Andrew
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

DSL wrote:
    Down & Dirty wrote:
    Agree with dangerdave Thumbs Up
    Collected car 9 am day after9.15 am paid off in full and only cost me £1.00 interest Very Happy

Not worth leaving a small amount on finance so if you need to beat up LR you have another line of attack? Question Question

I didn’t and it was to my advantage. When I rejected, the dealership maintained I had to direct my rejection to Black Horse, who would consult with the dealership and in all probability agree that my rejection should be resisted. It’s in Black Horses AKA LRs interest to side with the dealership in honesty and could be a stubumbing block.

By paying it off in full, I didn’t have to take this step and could reject direct to the supplying dealership.
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

747_JK wrote:
    Set up multiple profiles based at different addresses (make them up) on Carwow so you get a huge range of offers from LR dealers from all over the Uk. When you get the cheapest deal, ask for a full PCP quote and then just send it to your regular salesman at your local dealer and say the deal is theirs if they match it. And be prepared to buy from a far away dealer if they don’t.

Worked a treat for me. The saving was ridiculous as it was crazy for them to miss out on a sale when I was very serious about ordering elsewhere that day. The rival dealer was oddly only 50miles away but I wanted to stay with my trusty salesman, but not at his price.

I was going to try similar, but not quite on your scale. I will give your suggestion a go! Thumbs Up

When you asked them for a PCP quote, did they add the £2K discount too?

Andrew
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

An easier way is just to email every dealership in the country - you can get a list off the main LR UK site and copy and paste.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Carwow gives you - automatically - a cash price and a finance price, so you get both for comparison for each dealer. Once you’ve found the lowest rate you simply call the best priced dealer and ask for a tailored PCP quote based on your precise mileages etc.

Then once you get that, you ideally have a proper PCP quote which makes no reference to Carwow and puts you in the best position with a dealer. It’s certainly easier than emailing every dealer in the uK, plus you automatically unlock each dealers very best pricing without any hassle. Ok, so some might go a bit lower on haggling, but the best price I found was crazily good and it was quite obvious there wasn’t going to be any more they would give as it was a league apart from anyone else. They were purely paying to win the order.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Dunno, setting up a few profiles on carwow could be time consuming.

Emailing every dealer takes about 45 mins and I found they were cheaper than carwow, albeit, I didn’t multiple profiles.

I suppose what works best for you is what you stick with. I managed roughly £10k off list.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum