Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

Any way to 'forget' an iPhone Media Player

I've got an iPod permanently plugged in and that works fine as long as I plug my iPhone in after I've started the iPod playing. When I plug in my iPhone it causes issues with the iPod if I try and change tracks. I've tried using the iPhone as a Bluetooth player and that is fine but as soon as I plug it in via USB to charge or use inControl it disrupts everything again.

The main problem is that the tracks on the iPhone are not indexed properly by the media player. It looks like multiple copies of the same Album and Albums containing single songs repeated multiple times etc. If I wipe the iPhone and plug it in and select Find it just says loading and does nothing else and shows nothing if I try anything but touch Tracks then it shows it still has all the deleted songs listed!

Is there any way to get the infotainment to forget it ever saw my iPhone so I can force a proper re-indexing?

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Just an idea- Try renaming your phone in settings general before linking it again.

From bad experience with other devices, try not to have spaces or apostrophes. I.e. JonsiPhone rather than Jon’s iPhone. That is more likely to be universally accepted.

Jon
  • graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

I like that! I'll have a go tomorrow.

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

If that doesn't work, then consider modifying a iPhone USB cable so it will only charge the phone. This involves slicing open the cable and taking a section of the data wire out, then closing it all up again.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

Unfortunately I'm still having issues. The renaming fixed the issues with the iPod but any time I plug the phone in it kills everything. On the plus side if I take the phone USB out and wait a few minutes the iPod kicks back into life so at least I can use it.

The problem with just charging the phone and not connecting it means that inControl Apps wont work. They are pretty useless but I do use them occasionally and I have fitted the JLR charging cradle - it needs modification to fit the phone but can be done.

I'll live with it just now and hope that the 18C upgrade might fix it but I'm not holding my breath.

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Sounds like two Apple devices at once just don’t work nicely together.

You may just have to put your iPod music onto a memory stick instead?

I have nearly all my iTunes library on a usb stick and it works very well. Occasionally loses its last playing place when you start up, but since 18c I haven’t noticed it happening. Of course I am now using car play more to listen to the music on the phone rather than the usb now!

Jon
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I think this might work, it would stop data transfer from the phone to the car. It is just an extension USB but power only.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/POWER-ONLY-USB...rk:24:pf:0

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum