Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Hedgehog
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Aruba

Disco 5 Lux picked up

Hi Folks,

Since I have already made my registration to disco5.co.uk some weeks ago it is time to say hello.
    I was in the last years member of the disco3.co.uk site while owning a Disco 3 followed by a Disco 4.
    Really liked her, Had never problems except once in the wintertime with paraffin separation and the second and last breakdown after I dicided to replace her with a new one. Maybe she got angry about me Confused
    Car buying is always a nice task for me but this time it gave me really a hard time. WheLike most if the Disco owners it was not eas yfor me to make friend with the new styling and less roomy feeling in the second and third row although the Disco5 has way bigger outside dimensions. Next thing was that I really had planned to go with an electric or a hybrid solution but when you like to have not just a regular SUV and also need 7 seats and drive often long distance rightnow not available. Then there where some stories in this an d other sites that told about bad bulit quality and other problems. Also I was not pleased with the offers given by the LR dealers I had asked. After weeks of pros and cons of Volvo XC90 T8 vs. Mercedes GLS vs. Disco5 my decision was almost already for a XC 90 Hybrid. But I feeled that was not the disicion of my heart. Since the dealer was not very responsive and didn´t call back to fix the deal I won some time to look again for an alternative. So an interesting offer of a nice Disco showed up. So I gave me a heart and decided to take the chance and placed the order.
    So I picked up my Disco 5 Luxury in aruba met. exterior and light oyster / expresso interior this week. Very Happy

I have driven this week a few houndred kilometres and really like her, Very smooth, very responsive with all the the bells and whistles which you really not need but are nice to have. Hope that this decision was the right one

Hedgehog
    Disco 4 Nara bronze gone but not forgotten - Disco 5 Luxury Aruba / Light Oyster
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Very nice Hedgehog Thumbs Up

I think you made the right choice as no matter what else you get there is always that niggling feeling at the back of your mind that you have settled for second or third best, as it's not the Green Oval badge Laughing

Did you go for Diesel or Petrol and what engine size?

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Looks very smart !

You'll enjoy the SD4 Diesel. I think its a cracking engine and goes suitably well for such a large car.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Hedgehog
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Aruba

Thanks Road Runner, thanks Simonh

it is a SD4 2.0litre Diesel engine

Hedgehog
    Disco 4 Nara bronze gone but not forgotten - Disco 5 Luxury Aruba / Light Oyster
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum