Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Reverse dip mirrors

Despite all of the new discoveries electronic wizardry, Its lost yet another feature from previous models. The ability to adjust and save new reverse dip mirror settings, I find the preset position too low and even worse when reversing in the dark, I intend reverse light mod but only when I can source the appropriate correct connectors.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I could be wrong but I thought that all you did was adjust the position of the mirrors to what you want when the car is in reverse and they are in their dipped position. Next time you select reverse they move to the position you set. Seems to have worked on mine.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Further to my last - just checked the owner handbook and it confirms the preferred reverse / dip mirror position can be saved, but you have to save it whilst car still in reverse.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

That doesn't work. I had a new mirror fitted after a 'van attack' and this new ones dips far too low compared to the original. The D4 could remember the preferred setting by simply adjusting while in reverse and then using the seat memory function (for seat position and wing mirror setting).#

This doesn't work now on the D5 and it defaults to the stupid low dip on the drivers side.

Mirror position in D is recalled however.

The manual (MY17) online states:

Quote:
    MIRROR DIP WHEN REVERSING

Selecting Reverse (R) causes both of the door mirrors to automatically adjust, providing an improved viewing angle for reversing.

The dipped position of the door mirrors is a preset position. In R, the door mirrors can be adjusted but the new position cannot be saved.

When the gear selector is moved out of R, the door mirrors return to the previous driving position.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

MIRROR DIP WHEN REVERSING

Mirror dip can be enabled or disabled via the Vehicle settings menu. See Linked procedure not present at the moment.

Selecting Reverse (R) causes the door mirrors to automatically adjust, providing an improved viewing angle for reversing.

The dipped position of the door mirrors is a preset position. In R, the door mirrors can be adjusted and the new position can be saved.

NOTES
    The new door mirror dip position can only be saved in R.

When the vehicle is in R, press the memory save button (M). Select either memory 1, 2, or 3 to save the reverse mirror dip position to the corresponding memory position. See SEAT POSITION MEMORY.

Using the memory save button allows three different reverse mirror dip positions to be saved. Use the memory recall feature to recall the saved positions.

When the gear selector is moved out of R, the door mirrors return to the previous position.

NOTES

This is from the 2019 model manual but may be worth a try for earlier models.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Does not work on my MY17 D5. They must have forgotten to include it as a feature even though it was present on the D4 Rolling Eyes

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

THis also doesn't work on my 2018MY model - I wish it did as the preset position isn't suitable for me

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

The drivers adjusted reverse mirror position CANNOT be saved on mine, it defaults back to factory preset position as soon as reverse is disengaged. it really is a PITA!!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum