Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Coffeecup
    United Kingdom 

InControl Pro Services

Hi,

When checking out the Remote App on my phone, i can see that I (or my car) has subscribed to InControl Pro Services - this states in the description that it adds a suite of connectivity features to my infotainment system. This is provided by a SIM card inserted .......

OK, so the questions are,
    1/ how can I tell if I've got the Connected Navigation Services, Live and in-car WiFi
    2/ If I've got it but not activated, what do I need to do to activate...

Sorry if i'm missing something obvious, but !!!

Laurence

2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green, 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey, 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green
    2017 D5 HSE LUX 3.0 SDV6 Grey
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Firstly you would need to have a sim fitted in the slot under centre armrest. Not to be confused with the manufacturer fitted sim for other functions which is not accessible.

In your general settings there should be an option for connectivity. Mobile data needs to be turned on. If it won't turn on then the sim isn't fitted. Once mobile data is on you can opt to switch on wifi hotspot if you need it.

On the Nav system, there are settings to show traffic etc. If you switch this on it should display traffic flow on map and any incidents.

I did find an issue whereby I thought I had done everything but it still didn't work, but then realised that the sim I had installed needed activating / registering.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Set up your Route Planning account and add your vehicle and then go to the Maps & Services section. This will show you what services you have (likely a 3 year subscription) and offer you download option for map updates.

https://landrover.here.com/

This is a separate log in to your InControl account:

https://incontrol.landrover.com/

The InControl account should have been set up my the dealer for you. If not use the Remote app on your phone and setup in the car.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Coffeecup
    United Kingdom 

Hi Simon,

I have got the InControl account all set up - either via web browser or via the App, and I can see the subscription is in place till 2020

I just need to know what this all looks like in the car itself (what am I missing because I've not set it up) and/or what I need to do to make everything accessible - seems I need to go sort out a Data SIM and slot it into the car for the InControl Pro Services to work (I guess this means that just subscribing to the service means absolutely nothing until you pay out more money to have the Data SIM in place too Rolling with laughter

Cheers,

Laurence

2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green, 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey, 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green
    2017 D5 HSE LUX 3.0 SDV6 Grey
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Understood.

Well if you park near the house and get the D5 onto the Wifi you can log in and and have a play and see what a SIM will add (£30 max for a PAYG Three SIM with loads of data).

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Coffeecup. Mine came with Pro, unfortunately it was eventually discovered that the card reader was faulty, so all attempts to access was rejected. New reader installed under warranty and works fine, I got 3G card £26 from my memory, plug and play !! I haven't accessed all services yet, I'm a techno luddite, but I am pleased to date. Only concern is the future subscription cost at renewal!!
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

Hi Laurence Very Happy You'll need a data SIM card, have a look at Three mobile "Internet with Legs" I found this to be best value, I got a 24GB card which lasts up to 24 months

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum