Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Does it say 2018 MY in your post or Not ? you posted it not me >

The reality is you bought a D5 and it didn't come with a TFT dash, so in an attempt to pacify yourself you belived the dealer, a mate, and put your faith in TOPIX

Rolling with laughter

It's there in black and white, you even highlighted it in an attempt to emphasise it ?

then ignored it and claimed it was 2017MY ? I don't get it ? Honestly, i cant see why you want it to be 2017MY production when TOPIX clearly states "HIGHLIGHTED" by you that it's 2018>

It's lost on me...... honestly, i dont get it ?

Last edited by Chalkys HSE on 16th Jan 2019 9:41 pm. Edited 1 time in total

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Labbix wrote:
    Don’t start a discussion about JLR and ‘region specific’, I have had a discussion with them for 9 months as here no one knew what we would get, but all thought it would be the EU specs, which don’t even exist as different for UK, BeNeLux, Germany, ... Was told all would become more ‘inline’ from MY20 Wink

our work one in Sweden has none digi dash, but it's been updated, there are other annoyances with it region specific, but it's not mine it's work's....so i dont care,

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • LukasW
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Hauser wrote:
    Chalkys HSE wrote:
    Hauser wrote:
    Chalkys HSE wrote:
    Yours is a 2018MY vehicle then ?

Nope, MY17.
    But yes, it is MY17 and still my VIN is within the range of N222vX.

Qouting from topix:
    Name: N222v2
    Modell: Discovery (LR)
    Modell Year: 2018
    VIN: 030810 - 079568

My MY17 VIN is SALRA2BK9HA0379xx.

Greets,
    Hauser

Hauser, can i just you do know that 37 comes after 30 ? and that despite what you said previously your vehicle is in the 2018MY range ?

Well, like I said from the beginning:
    My D5 is a MY17. There are several things that make it easy to differentiate MY17 from MY18. I sit in mine every day and all those parts are MY17.
    Since mine was build on September 14th, it was very close to beginning of MY18. Possible they changed some engine/DEF parts 7.000 units before mine was build. Since they make 120-125 a day it comes down to 57 days before September 14th. Sounds reasonable for me.

Greets,
    Hauser

P.s. And if you still don't believe me, believe Land Rover (Topix): Modell year: 2017

I'd like to support you in your claim there're MY2017s with VIN higher than 30810. Smile

Ours is 41xxx (one of the latest my17s, iirc late october/early november built) and it's definitely a MY17 and btw the N222 is not listed as an available outstanding campaign for the car on TOPIx.

The quoted N222 remark may also mean that both VIN range and MY2018 conditions need to be met for the car to be eligible for the campaign (not all VINs in the range are my2018s, but all eligible my2018s are within the denoted VIN range).

Is/was your (my17) car eligible for the campaign according to TOPIx?
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Topix didn't show it for me, but my dealer says he installed it. And the "km to service" did change since that update. So they did something.

That was N222v2. They want to install N222v3 later this month. So I am going to ask them and ask them and ask them again if they really installed it. Wink Will tell you what they said.

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Well i will update as soon as mine comes back from its 9 days away at the LR dealer clinic!

They are going to go through in detail exactly what they have done on the car, so i will question the early service messages again and see what answer i get this time, i am seeing the dealer principle so might be interesting

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • LukasW
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Thanks Hauser, I’m currently 3000 kilometers past the oil change and service indicator already shows less than 12k kilometers to the next one (countdown ratio 4:1), this way I’m back in the service in less than 3000 kms, so glad to hear there’s still some hope for n222 being applied.

However I stand baffled and dismayed by how my2017s were officially thrown overboard completely by LR on this issue.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I had N222v3 installed 10 days ago and after 1,000km the service indicator went down by the same amount. It looks promising.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Hauser
    Germany 

Hi Indus,

what MY do you got?

Greets,
    Hauser

• IndusD4
    Australia 

Built April 2018,

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Hauser
    Germany 

LukasW wrote:
    Hauser wrote:
    Chalkys HSE wrote:
    Hauser wrote:
    Chalkys HSE wrote:
    Yours is a 2018MY vehicle then ?

Nope, MY17.
    But yes, it is MY17 and still my VIN is within the range of N222vX.

Qouting from topix:
    Name: N222v2
    Modell: Discovery (LR)
    Modell Year: 2018
    VIN: 030810 - 079568

My MY17 VIN is SALRA2BK9HA0379xx.

Greets,
    Hauser

Hauser, can i just you do know that 37 comes after 30 ? and that despite what you said previously your vehicle is in the 2018MY range ?

Well, like I said from the beginning:
    My D5 is a MY17. There are several things that make it easy to differentiate MY17 from MY18. I sit in mine every day and all those parts are MY17.
    Since mine was build on September 14th, it was very close to beginning of MY18. Possible they changed some engine/DEF parts 7.000 units before mine was build. Since they make 120-125 a day it comes down to 57 days before September 14th. Sounds reasonable for me.

Greets,
    Hauser

P.s. And if you still don't believe me, believe Land Rover (Topix): Modell year: 2017

I'd like to support you in your claim there're MY2017s with VIN higher than 30810. Smile

Ours is 41xxx (one of the latest my17s, iirc late october/early november built) and it's definitely a MY17 and btw the N222 is not listed as an available outstanding campaign for the car on TOPIx.

The quoted N222 remark may also mean that both VIN range and MY2018 conditions need to be met for the car to be eligible for the campaign (not all VINs in the range are my2018s, but all eligible my2018s are within the denoted VIN range).

Is/was your (my17) car eligible for the campaign according to TOPIx?

Hi,

I was dropping off my Disco Sport for some software updates today so I took the chance and asked my dealer detailed questions about the N222v2 and weather they did install it on my Discovery 5 or not. I did also explain why I asked (> MY17, but VIN within range).
    They said they did install N222v2 and had no problems installing the update. The system itself decides if the update is going to be installed. The dealer just hooks up the car to a computer and then a remote diagnosis is started from UK. Once a software update is available, it is being installed.

Greets,
    Hauser

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

ok well after 2 weeks of medical treatment the Disco has every update possible on it now, including the new infotainment and N241 DEF.

I like the new infotainment interface, its quicker and works better as well as having Andraoid Auto and Apple Car Play.

Will see what improvement N241 has to the service intervals and see how far beyond 6-7000 miles it goes this time, fingers crossed.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

What is N241 all about then? Thumbs Up
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

All the dealer said was "the n241 DEF dosing update is to improve the early service intervals"

Now they may be telling me rubbush, it wouldn't be the first time, but we will see pretty soon how many miles ot has lost.

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Found it on Topix: N241 - Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Malfunction Warning Message
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Sounds like dealer is talking cr@p that it will improve early service requirement then

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum