Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

there are litterally thousands on there all complaining of the same thing...... If i had a Merc, BMW or VOLVO and was reading that lot i would be laughing my head off, as it happens it fills me with dread !

Some of the stories on there are Horific !

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Oh yeah it seems i have an impeccably reliable car just had a rubbish dealer who didn't prepare it as a used car priperly and ot suffers the early oil change issue.

However compared to a XC90 D5 the servicing cost will be about 5x so reduculous due to a design fault that they finally corrected for 2019 by changing the engine to the SD6.

Will be interestong to see dealer proposal on monday since they have offered to put together a dealnto change it

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

service reset

According to Pat at GAP, the IID tool is very limited on the D5 and will NOT reset the service interval indicator. I suppose in time there will be diagnostic/programming hardware and software available and hopefully it will include the ability to regen the DPF as and when desired.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Volvo i know the dealer can plug in and force a regèn, since thats what happens if it gets beyond a yellow warning to a red.

Assume Land Rover can force a regen when at the dealership too, agree, shame we dont have a button to do it

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I have software and hardware to cover all mercedes (and some other marques) that gives full dealer capabilities including regen. So I cannot understand why JLR cannot do the same.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

That's because LR will most probably want you to pay for it 😂

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum