Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

got my D5 as well now

I got mine too Bow down

Added steps already, added SIM card, got iphone paired (eventually), mud flaps ordered, and that leaves me with roof rails to get

Happy for now
    Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Looks great Al - Enjoy !

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Looks great Al ....good to see some additional forum faith in the 2.0. Smile
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Cool Cool Cool Cool Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Notxal
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Looks ace! Thumbs Up

Where have your ordered the mud flaps from?
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Looks great, enjoy!

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • cji73
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Yulong White

Nice!! Very Happy
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Re: got my D5 as well now

al cope wrote:
    I got mine too Bow down

Added steps already, added SIM card, got iphone paired (eventually), mud flaps ordered, and that leaves me with roof rails to get

Happy for now
    Al

Are you aware you have to drill a hole in the bumper to fit the mud flaps. cant remeber if this is front or back. But the hole is on the side not in the wheel arch and is clearly visible if the mud flaps are removed

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

Its the rear Russ - and yes, but did it anyway Whistle

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I did toy with the idea of removing the metal locator on the mud flaps, but decided against it. You just have to be accurate drilling.

I rationalised it by thinking if the mud flaps ever were removed, I could put a black plastic grommet in the hole, but then the car is black anyway.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Why would you want to remove the flaps for, unless they were accidentally removed when offroading.

As DD correctly states a black grommet is all that's required.

I do think they finish the car off tho.

I just wish they were alot wider as having the 285 wide tyre, which is nearly 1 foot across, the flaps look so tiny. More suited too the space saver tyre width me thinks. Rolling Eyes

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

Far too many familiar names over here!! Big Cry Big Cry

Whistle
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

yes - looks like a fair few of us are slowly migrating Whistle

Al

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Agree they aren’t wide enough, but atheistically, they are okay.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I agree DD, they look ok and do the job Thumbs Up

Was initially toying with the flappy wide ones like on the Defender, but was not sure if it would suit it, albeit perfect width for such a wide tyre.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum