Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• unido
    United Kingdom 

2.0l noise when coming off the accelerator

Does anyone with a 2.0l notice a noise when you come off the accelerator and the engine is slowing? I'm not sure if its just the Ingenium engine or what it is but it just sounds a little foreign to me. I have always driven 3.0l Discovery's and this just stands out.

The noise is quite a deep but a weird whirring noise and I am really finding it hard to put in to words but it doesn't sound like a 'normal' noise

It hasn't got any worse over time, the car drives perfect its just an annoying noise when you come off the accelerator.

It can't be heard from outside, only really in the cabin and over the top of music.

I will call in at the garage when I have time but didn't know if others here could relate and if its the norm?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Not heard anything I’d class as strange or different with mine. If you can record the sound it’d help Smile

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Not noticed anything tbh ...will turn the radio off and check Thumbs Up
  • unido
    United Kingdom 

It’s probably just me with driving the 3.0 for years and you just get used to every noise and note!

Just go through the gears up to about 30 then let off and let me know what you hear Very Happy

Other than me being ocd about this noise, the 2.0 still surprises me every day, it’s pretty awesome
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Re: 2.0l noise when coming off the accelerator

unido wrote:
    Does anyone with a 2.0l notice a noise when you come off the accelerator and the engine is slowing? I'm not sure if its just the Ingenium engine or what it is but it just sounds a little foreign to me. I have always driven 3.0l Discovery's and this just stands out.

The noise is quite a deep but a weird whirring noise and I am really finding it hard to put in to words but it doesn't sound like a 'normal' noise

It hasn't got any worse over time, the car drives perfect its just an annoying noise when you come off the accelerator.

It can't be heard from outside, only really in the cabin and over the top of music.

I will call in at the garage when I have time but didn't know if others here could relate and if its the norm?

I am getting a strange ‘roaring sound’ from the engine when under decelleration...doesn’t happen all the time but never did it before and now does it quite often...almost sounds like it eminates from the exaust manifold (?)...car is in on Monday for them to ‘poke & prod’... Neutral

D5 MY19 ANNIVERSARY EDITION sd6 3ltr V6 - Loire blue - 22”alloys
  • unido
    United Kingdom 

Sounds similar to mine. Mine has always made the noise, not got any louder over time and performance is all fine. I don't hear it as much in sport mode, plus I get better MPG so its a win win!

Let us know how you get on Very Happy
  • Capt Pugwash
    United Kingdom 

Mine went in last week, they gave it a second service and took my money!, and said bring it back on the 11th for a week for further investigation!...I was in Scotland this week, the car started to become more & more laggy & unresponsive and then finally on the way back down the motorway started ‘roaring’ loudly again from around manifold / turbo area and went into restricted performance mode...not good when on the M74 in heavy rain storms!
    LR assist & AA found following fault codes...car was put on recovery truck and got me to LR dealer in Cumbria & I am now in a FFRR...
    My car will eventually arrive at my local Dealer for repairs. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Capt Pugwash on 8th Mar 2019 8:19 am. Edited 1 time in total

D5 MY19 ANNIVERSARY EDITION sd6 3ltr V6 - Loire blue - 22”alloys
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Oh dear Shocked

Hope it gets fixed, but not confidence inspiring spending all that cash for it to break down, especially when its virtually new.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Not good. Hopefully you’ll be sorted soon.

At least you got a decent loaner Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum