Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

D4 to D5 - A change is coming...

Popped in earlier and been offered a very good deal on a D5.

SE - Fuji/Ebony colour combination, panoramic sun roof - detachable tow bar.

Will miss the D4 though.

Oh - Do they do internal D5 stickers?

Thanks
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

DISCO5 stickers are only for external application (if that's what you meant ...)

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I have an SE but no sun roof, is yours a cancelled order ?
    Mine came with a detachable tow bar as it was a cancelled order, I also got mine within two weeks of ordering because I wasn't bothered what colour it was.
    As it turned out it is Corris grey, the same as 'millions' of all the others I see on the road Smile
    The black interior is a bit of a pain because it shows all the dust, of which there is plenty around the Salisbury Plain area on a fine day Wink
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

I since changed my mind.

Went for a Fuji White with Acorn Interior. Wasnt sure at first with the bright interior and bright exterior, but there is quite a lot to break it up.

Has the adaptive headlights and deployable tow bar, sacked off the sunroof.

To answer your question, it was just a stock car they had coming in Thumbs Up
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

From your reply it would seem that not all Stock cars are of the same spec.
    Mine was called forward from stock but as it had the tow bar I assumed it was a cancelled order.
    It does have arm rests which are as useful as a chocolate fireguard but do look nice when parked up to any nosy passer by Wink
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 

JLR dont actually build cars for stock as such, they release to each sales site a number of build slots in 4 week blocks roughly 2 months before build, this will show how many each week and which engines will be built, dealer will then match up his confirmed orders against those build slots, any un-sold slots will have to be specced for build, the dealer will use his previous knowledge to spec those cars and add any extras that he thinks will sell the cars, Disco's being considered a towing car will probably be specced with a tow bar as he'll know alot of customers will most likely want one, although he probably wouldn't order a "stock car" with a P4 engine and tow bar - these effectively become what you call "stock cars", they actually are allocated to a particular dealer. If you wander into a dealer,depending how proactive he is, he will try and find a car in the system which shows as an un-sold order, if he can match up he will have to negotiate with the owning dealer to obtain car for you, this will probably result in you getting a vehicle with some additional extras that you may not have wanted, but are prepared to accept rather than wait for a specific custom build.
    This is what happened with my D5, I suspect I'm not what most sales people want as I walked in knowing exactly what trim spec, engine, required extras and a preferred shortlist of colours, dealer went into system and returned with 2 possible matches, the one I chose has front foglamps, that I wouldnt have specced, and another one with an additional £1000 of extras, all of which I didnt want, he then had to negotiate with the original ordering dealer to get it released for me.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

Exactly that. There is also stock that is destined for a certain dealer but other dealers can call it if the initial dealer hasn't marked it as held.

I think mine is a cancelled order based on the colour, but the Disco I was going to have was a stock car.

Also - Re Stickers, On D4.com Martin offered internal and external Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum