Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Newcomer

Hello All,

I am just arriving here from other LR Forums, so I thought I would present myself...

I have had LR products for a fair few years going from a D2, to a non-LR, and back to a second D2. From there I replaced my non-LR with a L322 that my wife fell in love with. It is ancient, but in almost perfect condition, and has show to be extremely reliable, so it is a keeper.

I then replaced my D2 with a RRS 2.7tdv6 which is a great 4x4, but has had a faire few small problems (and some not so small). I was then given the possibility to by a D3 for a ridiculous price, and so at the moment I have an L322, a D3 and a RRS.

BUT... I have decided that it is time for a NEW car, and have just signed for this (to replace the RRS and the D3):
    Sorry.. pictures won't upload. WIll upload them asap.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Looks great !

Like the ramps Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Sadly, the ramp don't come with it.

I have to admit... I am really looking forward to getting it.

The equipment is unbelievable. Luxury edition.

It is a "one off" that the dealer ordered last year to celebrate their 150 years anniversary, and it was made specially by LR for them, and then they got together with an Offroad company (don't know who) to "prepare" it for offroad use.

The only sad thing (other than the price!!!!!) is that it is the 250hp motor rather that the latest 320hp.

BUT... fuel consumption is better on this motor than on the newer one.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Welcome, and looking well smart Cool
    Interesting to know how the Aux Lights have been wired, and where/how the wiring loom has been connected, i.e. did they drill a hole in the roof and feed wires into the car via the A pillar, or is it a wireless set up? Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Hello all,

I collected "Precious" on Thursday, and so ar I am thrilled with her.

She drives beautifully.

Tires are noisier than the gg at3's that I had on my RRS & D3 before, but I will keep them until worn out and then replace them.

I also have a second set of rims & tyres (22" rims with pirelli's on them). Not sure what to do with them. I might use them for the summer, and keep the Duratracs for the winter.

Problems do far:

Nothing too bad. Because if roof rack and lights, she doesn't fit in to many car parks. I might look in to replacing the spots with some led strip s that I can put under the roof rack. Any ideas anyone?

In comparison to RRS or D3 she is hopeless for reversing. I have to reverse with a trailer, and because of the higher boot window, it is MUCH harder!!

Otherwise very happy.

Things to do:
    Have engine power restriction removed. She is a td6 from Belgium so they lowered the power to 211bhp rather rhan the normal 258bhp.

I will be bringing her to Alive tuning to see what they can do with her.

See what I can do for spots!!!

Sort out navigation updates.

Rest is working perfectly!!

I just pray she stays this good!!!!
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Welcome
    Hpw are the spot lights wired, do they come down the door rubber or along into the boot? Any ideas?

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

They come along the roof and then down in to the boot.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Thumbs Up

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum