Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• beast4life
    United Kingdom 

rear seats

so, after owning a few d4's over the last few years and loving them my wife and I decided to test drive the d5 today.

first impressions where positive despite the look of the rear which I think will grow on me.
    However after a 20 minute test drive I realised that my wife had been quite fidgety in the back and
    after we left the dealership she was complaining she had lower back pain.
    We did notice the rear seats do sit to low but I think they are also lacking support possibly??
    Now I know my wife and I will never sit in the back of this car but I do question the comfort and support in these seats and I would not want to put my children through this on a long journey.

Apart from the above I thought the car was great. Not sure if it is a warrants 70k for a hse luxury.

Bit disappointed that it is sporting the exact same engine and turbo's as the 3.0ltr RRS that has 300bhp but because it has a discovery badge on the front JLR has punished new owners and electronically limited the
    engine to 258bhp!!
    JLR need to realise they are asking close to RRS money for a nicely specced d5 and the road tax each year is identical so discovery owners should not be stripped of bhp because of a badge should they?

I wouldn't mind hearing new owners thoughts on the rear seats etc?? cheers
  • F.I.Bonxie
    Falkland Islands 

Rear seats

I have seen on another website that the second row seats measure just 17 inches from back to front. Even my Freelander 2 measures 18 1/2 inches. They seem to have mimimised the second row to allow for the full size third row. I will be ordering a 5 seat model, which is supposed to be available in our market, and I wonder if the second row will be so small.
  • Edfors
    Sweden 

Second row definitely lower and centre seat feels narrower than the D4, on the positive side is that the seat back is adjustable.

Click image to enlarge

Third row feels smaller on all measurements, I'm 190 cm and touch the headlining and knees up to the seat in front even with it moved quite a bit upright. Not for full size adults and definitely smaller than D4.

Click image to enlarge

But still some room for the feet.

Click image to enlarge
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum