Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Simon S
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

In theory the lowest possible entry height for a dog to leap on to for the inner boot flap would be achieved whilst in off road height, then using the button in the boot to lower the rear of the vehicle? So any height in between off road and easy access height with the rear suspension on lowest setting via the boot button would tilt the car more and therefore mean the actual lip of the open tail flap is lower than it is when the car is level but in access mode?

Simon S
    3.0 HSE SDV6 Commercial in Carpathian Grey
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Unfortunately it does not work like that, if you start at off road height it drops to access height and then the rear lowered.

I still end up at 80 cms .
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Ah I see

Simon S
    3.0 HSE SDV6 Commercial in Carpathian Grey
  • Labbix

Than this is the only option Wink

https://www.weathertech.com/petramp/
  • ravrav
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Ravrav, I saw one of those at the stealers when I collected my D5. I wasn't impressed with the ramp or the price!!!
    Luckily my 2 dogs are working cockers so hopefully I will never be in a position when i couldn't lift either of them if required, But ever the day came, I'm sure I could manufacture something suitable for a fraction of the price.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I don't know what the LR one retails for but I have one of these - Solvit Telescopic Pet Ramp
    None of our 3 Golden retrievers use it. I tried a couple of times but they all prefer to put the front paws up on the bumper and get me to lift their rear ends up. The younger 2 (one nearly 5 years old, the other 9 months) will jump out, I lift the nearly 12 year old girl out (32 kg).

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I think I would have the same problem, she would just at it, look at me as if to say now what? Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum