Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

ICTP Udate 19A 2 installed

I had the update 19A2 installed today. 19A1 was installed three weeks ago but created glitches with the Nav screen day / night and some other small issues.

Was hoping that they could activate SOTA updates, which are only being rolled out on MY19 vehicles to start I am am told. My ICTP has the menu for SOTA but has to be activated from TOPIX as JLR release the VIN's on to the system.

That said they did the update through a plug in and it took an hour. Everything working fine now.
    It appears that my and other cars leave the factory in a poor state leaving the dealers to solve the problems. Some customers I suppose don't notice so things get naturally resolved at Service time.

Have to say Harwoods Coulsdon have been excellent and the car is now running exceptionally well, a bit of journey but hats off to the dealer.

Here is what the latest update looks like

2019 HSE LUX
  • bammmy

Hi,
    Where does it say A2?
    Cheers
    Mark
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

It doesn't. It is still S19A_19 - just a slightly updated version
  • bammmy

Cheers 👍
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

winger wrote:

@winger, any reference to phone audio issues when using Apple CarPlay? Both myself and bammmer have issues since 18D and no fix with 19A. No caller audio at all.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Sorry I meant 19 A version 2,
    Its much better, but android auto is still a little shaky, and I hear the odd crackle when playing music, sounds like old vinyl playing !!
    mobile phone audio is fine though.

2019 HSE LUX
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

simonh wrote:
    winger wrote:

@winger, any reference to phone audio issues when using Apple CarPlay? Both myself and bammmer have issues since 18D and no fix with 19A. No caller audio at all.

I meant using Carplay - no issues at all.

I suppose that the problem lies in the way the updates get installed - with so many different versions out there, what is probably needed is a wipe and reinstall if that is possible. I had audio issues with the earlier version, but not now.
  • eelpout
    United States 

my dealer emailed me this week and said 19A is finally in their system. I have mine booked to be upgraded this week. Hopefully this will fix the voice recognition system and Bluetooth issues. fingers crossed. Smile

i'll have to remember to ask (beg?) to have them turn on OTA updates.

(mine is a 2017 HSE TD)
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

winger wrote:
    simonh wrote:
    winger wrote:

I meant using Carplay - no issues at all.

I suppose that the problem lies in the way the updates get installed - with so many different versions out there, what is probably needed is a wipe and reinstall if that is possible. I had audio issues with the earlier version, but not now.

Thanks. I’ll ask to see if that is possible.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • bammmy

Hi simonh,
    Guess your still having the same problem with your phone and ACP, same as me. As a temporary fix I now no longer put my phone in the centre console Bute in the rectangular slot in front of it, then if I do get an incoming call whilst in ACP mode I just disconnect the lead which then defaults to normal Bluetooth in about one second, I take my call that way then when finished reconnect the lead which then defaults back to ACP. Still hoping for a permanent fix.
    Mark
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Yes still have the same issue. Though it did work once ok the other day...

Not a fan of plugging and unplugging while driving though. Also ACP is a bitch to reconnect sometimes. Especially if I’ve turned engine off for a few mins (re-fuel for example) and taken phone out of car. Then it rarely reconnects and I’m Left with no ACP at all.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

eelpout wrote:
    my dealer emailed me this week and said 19A is finally in their system. I have mine booked to be upgraded this week. Hopefully this will fix the voice recognition system and Bluetooth issues. fingers crossed. Smile

i'll have to remember to ask (beg?) to have them turn on OTA updates.

(mine is a 2017 HSE TD)

I'd like to know how that goes - especially the OTA updates for North American market. Mine is going in for a window leak fix as soon as they get an intact windshield in - I'll ask as well when I schedule that.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    I'd like to know how that goes - especially the OTA updates for North American market. Mine is going in for a window leak fix as soon as they get an intact windshield in - I'll ask as well when I schedule that.

don't worry I'll be posting back on the results. Smile

I'm thinking the reasons they have to do -all- the updates in succession (like MS Windows use to be) is that firmware is upgraded in various hardware along with each quarterly update and safer to do it this way. my previous upgrade to 18c(?) took 5-6 hours because it was coming from stock 2017. Likely my problem with Bluetooth and Voice is that some piece of hardware was flashed incorrectly or wrong. I may just tell them from the get-go to start over, wipe and flash everything with 19A's pieces. Don't care about what I might lose.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

simonh wrote:
    Also ACP is a bitch to reconnect sometimes. Especially if I’ve turned engine off for a few mins (re-fuel for example) and taken phone out of car. Then it rarely reconnects and I’m Left with no ACP at all.

I had that too until I realised that the phone wants me to unlock the screen to use the "accessory". Unlocked the screen and it all started working.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

In Carplay settings on your phone, do you have "Allow CarPlay While Locked" ticked?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum