Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• GNWallace
    United Kingdom 

Driver Fatigue Alert

Had the car now 24 months and never had the driver fatigue alert announce, even though driving for loooong journeys.
    Nor has the First Alert autonomous braking worked despite being very close to an impact!
    Anyone had experience?
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

This has also intrigued me as I have to admit to having been driving tired on a couple of occasions, and it never triggered.

The only two times it has was when I set off from Surrey at 6.50am on the dot to drive to a meeting in Runcorn for midday. Thought I'd left plenty of time to stop en route for a snack. Traffic was a nightmare and we never got a chance to stop. But after precisely 4hrs 30 mins I got a 'drive fatigue alert' with a dash warning and chime telling me to take a break. At precisely 5hrs driving (no stopping / break) it repeated this again. So for me, it's all time based and I've had zero alerts when I've actually been really tired and reaching for a Red Bull on the final stretch home.

Suffice to say, I pulled into the hotel car park in Runcorn at 11.55am, in the nick of time!

Can't comment on the braking side of things...

Last edited by 747_JK on 27th Apr 2019 10:24 pm. Edited 1 time in total

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Even when I've been called out of my bed at daft O'clock of the morning, the D5 hasn't told me that I'm more than half asleep. Laughing

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

The fatigue/drowsiness alert works in conjunction with the forward facing camera I believe. So it monitors how you are staying in lane and the time you have been driving and will show alerts if you start to swerve across etc (ie when the car thinks you are tired)
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

AEB worked for me when some pratt drove out of a side street on my nearside, I must admit I wondered what was happening as it responded quicker than I did !!!!

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I’ve had the tiredness alert go off twice - it works! It’s definitely not time-based. I thought there were sensors monitoring your eyes (either side of dash), as well as lane control. All I can say is when I needed it it worked.

I also tried to force it after the event but couldn’t - it seems to be quite intelligent

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Skip to 2 min 13 seconds - you can see the AEB in action
  • Sacimiddx
    United Kingdom 

More importantly who added the smiley face to the drivers airbag Rolling with laughter
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

mine has gone off a few times during a long trip, not sure what triggered it and it has been some time since it has gone off

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum