Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

New defender pics with winch and sliders

Oh baby, she’s going to have teeth! Check out the pics of the new defender on OVALNEWS.com (really wonderful website for LR news). Brush bar, warn winch, and what appears to be factory sliders. They must really be putting it through it’s paces, there is some damaged trim behind right front wheel.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • cji73
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Yulong White

Thanks Rockcypher

Wasn't even aware of this website. Looking forward to the launch!
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

yes yes and yes! So much better if you can get a vehicle that's ready to rock from the outset!

Fingers crossed that this thing is going to what we all hope for.. Thumbs Up

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

The D5 was showed with a winch in several launch shots but there is no option for it, Defender may be the same

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Re: New defender pics with winch and sliders

Rockcypher wrote:
    Oh baby, she’s going to have teeth! Check out the pics of the new defender on OVALNEWS.com (really wonderful website for LR news). Brush bar, warn winch, and what appears to be factory sliders. They must really be putting it through it’s paces, there is some damaged trim behind right front wheel.

This should be interesting - lots of other "action" shots in Moab, and they're apparently running the 90 and 110 versions at Overland Expo West this week.
  • ukms
    United Arab Emirates 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Followed this on the way to work here in Dubai ..... registered on local plates.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Re: New defender pics with winch and sliders

DieselRanger wrote:
    Rockcypher wrote:

This should be interesting - lots of other "action" shots in Moab, and they're apparently running the 90 and 110 versions at Overland Expo West this week.

Hey DD, any news or videos from this yet ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

I've seen a few Instagram posts but no videos. My guess is LR is keeping a pretty tight lid on the media.

Quick Google of "2020 Land Rover Defender Moab Video" gets things like this:

I didn't listen to the commentary but noted the 110 model had "hybrid electric vehicle" stickers on it...so maybe the same!e inline 6+hybrid setup as the new RRS HST?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Hi, I saw Fjester’s vids a while ago. Shame nothing snuck out at Overland Expo. Must have been plenty of non media people there to take pics and video ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

Yeah I went back and looked at the Instagram feeds - Land Rover had a test drive experience threre and I thought I saw several pics of Defenders in camo tagged #overlandexpowest2019 but they're gone now. There's one tagged #overlandexpowest but it was a repost from some pics someone took in April on Poison Spider - a D90 and D110 in camo plus the D90 mule in the shorty RRS body. He also got some underbody shots confirming fully independent suspension and what look like the same airbags as the D5.

I wonder if they're just going up to people and politely asking them to not post video, because I can't believe that in a place like Moab there won't *always* be someone around with a cell phone or even just a GoPro taking video...even at dawn on a Monday morning....

There is this one, and it's OK. Traction control...yawn.

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

Thanks DD, I guess we have to wait to see what LR release in a few months when they spin the hype machine up.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

Snorkel!

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

Some good video footage now following the Tusk ‘testing’

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum