Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

battery cover

Chaps

what is it the actually holds the battery cover at the right hand side of the load area in place. Mine seems very loose and sits forward of the hard plastic trim. I can see the 2 locating pins on the back of the trim and the 2 holes these go into but the seems nothing to "lock" the trim in place.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

There doesn’t appear to be any sort of slider in mine 😟

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

you've bust it? Laughing
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

They can detach.

Have a look at the panel and also on the bodywork just to see it’s not stuck on one or the other. It’s a long bit of black plastic with a long notch at one end and another halfway down.

I put a plastic tie round mine with a little bit poking out so I can just tug at that and the slider will come off no problem
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

Looks like I am definitely missing that bit of plastic. Wonder if I can buy that on its own or find a breaker with a D5.

Al

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Here is a photo of it. It’s the long black bit just above the red terminal.

I just put a plastic tie round the end bit and pull it to release. When I put it back on, I push it with my fingers behind the trim. Works fine.

• al cope
    United Kingdom 

yep - mine is definately missing that bit Big Cry

Al

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

To be honest, it’s a stupidly designed bit. It comes away from the side really easy. Have you looked in the bottom of that battery recess or adjacent bodywork. It didn’t get stuck on the trim that you removed?
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

no its definatelt not there - dealer is ordering one for me FoC.

Al

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Result. Thumbs Up
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 

turns out its only 16quid, and they will fit it while I wait - taking it in next wednesday

Al

• al cope
    United Kingdom 

well it turns out its not the 16quid part, but big shout out for my dealer as my car was in this morning for this bit to be fitted, and when they found it wasnt the part they'd ordered, they took the bit I needed off a brand new D5 and fitted it to mine whilst I waited. No complaints from me Thumbs Up

Al

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

That’s how it should be, but a rarity these days. Thumbs Up
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

al cope wrote:
    well it turns out its not the 16quid part, but big shout out for my dealer as my car was in this morning for this bit to be fitted, and when they found it wasnt the part they'd ordered, they took the bit I needed off a brand new D5 and fitted it to mine whilst I waited. No complaints from me Thumbs Up

Al

haha they'll then probably forget to replace it on the new one and deliver it without (like my luggage cover) Laughing

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum