Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

From memory: No need to stick the USB in the car first, format the USB, download the map installer software on your computer and it will find the empty USB and will ask to agree to put the newest map on that USB, wait until download is finished and put the usb in one of the 2 USB slots under the central armrest. The car will recognize the new map and ask for your permission to install it. Than wait until finished and done. Hope this helps.
  • Labbix

Make sure your USB is formatted in the FAT32 format as that’s what the D5 needs/recognizes!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Format the USB stick, at least 32gb.
    Go onto the LR map update site. Download the UK and Europe’s, Russia map onto USB.
    Stick the USB in the car and it will walk you through installation.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Something not right.

When I run the InControl Touch Map Updater is says ‘connecting’ ....then “Please insert the SD card supplied with your vehicle”.

There’s a Fat22 formatted, 32gb memory stick in the USB port....which it seems to want to ignore in favour of an SD card I haven’t got!
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Mine has never asked for a SD card. Confused

Are you using a PC or Mac? Have you got screenshots so we can see what you're seeing?

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I use an Apple Air without a problem.

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

These are the instructions I posted back in 2017, make sure you choose the right device from the drop down list.

Login in via your browser to InControl Route Planner at https://landrover.here.com

Click on to the Maps and Services tab on the far right

That will take you to a page listing all the maps for the World

You should see Europe & Russia Map listed first.

It will also show you when your subscription ends and the price of the other regions.

Click on the black “Get latest Version” and that will start the LR download manager.

It will require a FAT32 USB stick to be available and a minimum size of 32 GB

The latest map requires 22.2 GB

Then sit back while it copies all the necessary files to the stick.

Insert the USB stick in one of the slots under the armrest and the process will start automatically and you need to be on the navigation screen.

Just follow the onscreen instructions and mine took about 20 minutes.

The navigation system restarts and you are finished. It will "see" the USB stick again and ask to update, but just press cancel.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

JonM wrote:
    Mine has never asked for a SD card. Confused

Are you using a PC or Mac? Have you got screenshots so we can see what you're seeing?

Apologies for delayed response. I am using PC and used this link offered in a google search for ‘Landrover map updates’.....

https://landrover.welcome.naviextras.com/

Whether it’s out of date or simply the wrong route I don’t know but you will see it set me off on the SD theme.

Since then, I looked for another link and managed to find the one that Jimbg kindly just posted.

So I have moved forward ...only to discover my 32gb card (despite having 29.4gb free in properties) was not enough for the 28.8gb latest update. So I am awaiting delivery of a 64gb and hopefully will pick up the process over the weekend.

I am now beginning to understand why the cars are called Discovery....because every time you have to do something it’s a Voyage of.....

Thanks for your inputs
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Nobody said it was going to be easy!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Strange though I managed to fit them on a 32GB stick, did you do a quick format before using it?
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Interestingly (or perhaps not) mine did nothing when i plugged the USB into the car. I had to go to the nav menu, and then go through and select update maps. Its 56% of way through uploading now. Been going about 7 mins.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Yes Jimbg.... then did a full format when it still didn’t fit. No change.

I am hoping it’s not a glitch on my computer and Ive bought a 64gb stick for nothing. Sad

I renamed my Discovery 4 ....a Discovery 400. Because every bill seemed to be £400.

I am beginning to wonder if the 5 (an Ancient symbol for love and marriage) means it will be a tempestuous relationship. Confused
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

finished the upload in about 12 mins and seems to be working fine Smile

I also bought a 64gb stick for the job since it was only £10.

Just didn't expect to have to tell the car to find the update, useful it then told me it was complete and I should remove the USB.

Now I know for next time, since I only have 12 months of updates left.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

I have just done this - the lastest maps fit on an empty 32Gb OK

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

I’ve tried 3 different Sandisk 32gb memory sticks Whilst 2 had only 28.6gb available after formatting and therefore were below the 28.8gb started requirement, the 3rd one had 29.4gb available....and I still got the blocking message saying I needed to have a a usb stick capable of taking 28.8gb.

So either the computer is not ‘seeing’ the USB port connections (I tried 2 different ones and rebooted the computer) or despite their displayed capacity these Sandisk are ALL below 28.8GB.

Will find out which is the problem, when the bigger stick arrives.

Last edited by Wolfpack on 27th Jul 2021 7:57 pm. Edited 2 times in total
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I use this with no problems. It’s a Sandisk.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum