Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Aldo
    United Kingdom 

Current lead times and Finance offers

Hiya,

New lurker here. Contemplating a D5 for the new year when current car goes back.

Will either be a used purchase or potentially new if any decent finance offers on as Sometime new finance APR offers can be same monthlies on a ex demo etc.

Being winter when I change I guess there might not be any finance offers on, do they come up often?

Also to change for January 20, what’s general lead times on new builds.

Cheers
  • BobDisco
    United Kingdom 

Just my 2c...

I found at the time (March), that my best bet for new was carwow. Local-ish dealerships didn't come close on the monthly and closest price to match the spec we built through carwow was £130/m off. Various PCP deals we looked at were also off the mark, and that's before we configured.

In terms of our build time, we're bang on 4 months (we ordered 29/03 and due to arrive with dealer 29/07)...and with us a few days after that. I've seen people saying 3.5-4.5 is usually rule of thumb.

Good luck!

20MY Si4 SE in Eiger Grey/Black Pack/Black Alloys
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

Cheers Bob, will take a look at that site. Your local/ish dealers will be the same as mine too I reckon. Wink

4 months lead means I need to start looking now!

I also like the D4 too, but hear too many horror stories of crankshafts going, That said I could get approved used for the 2 years warranty,

I’ll keep reading posts Thumbs Up
  • BobDisco
    United Kingdom 

No worries. Just one other thing that’s pretty common for used approved - watch out for the used APR as this is usually higher than for new. So if you’re looking at almost new, it can bring the monthly to similar (and sometimes more) than that of new. Compare, and don’t rush into something Smile

20MY Si4 SE in Eiger Grey/Black Pack/Black Alloys
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I found a similar lead time - although original order was placed in February, colour withdrawal and MY2020 changes meant that my car has only just reached the dealer now.

APR was 6.9% in Q1 and dropped to 4.9% in Q2 - a major benefit of my delay.

Think discount totalled around 12% as dealer held to the Q1 price that we agreed. Started off on Carwow then direct haggling with three dealers.

Happy shopping!

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • RH15LEW
    Wales 

I took delivery of my D5 on Monday. Ordered at the start of April but in this time had to wait on a model change from MY19 to MY20
  • PT
    United Kingdom 
  • Aldo
    United Kingdom 

Had my first offer through from carwow

I’ll research this a bit more.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Good luck! Let us know how you get on - good food for thought for others in future.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • MURPHY108
    United Kingdom 

as Bob Disco says be careful on the used deals, i went to look at a 1 month old HSE and when i got to talking the APR was 10.9% and the price didn't include the first years RFL.

I ended up getting 15% off an unregistered stock vehicle which was exactly the spec i wanted and I only waited 4 weeks for delivery !

The dealer had access to a list of Landrover UK stock vehicles so we just went through the list until we found the spec i wanted.

One thing I spotted with Rockar was that the excess mileage on their PCP is two tiered whereas my deal was a flat £14p/m. Neither Carwow or Rockar were any where near the discount i ended up getting.

Was unsure about going from a D4 to D5 but its a fantastsic car and i've more positive comments on this car than any other car i've ever had Very Happy
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I really don’t understand PCP.

HP, I understand the principal, but that’s it.

PS - I got roughly 20% off my one. You just shop about.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

PCP is great as long as you understand what you are in for. For me, I’d much rather have my money doing other more profitable things than be tied up in a vehicle.

At the same time, I don’t wish to have too high a monthly.

With a relatively large deposit, I get to keep most of my money and the low monthlies that I prefer.

Apart from one car, I’ve always bought the car out at the end of the PCP.

For many others, low deposit and higher monthlies and trade it at the end of the PCP works for them - I.e. treating it as a lease but with much more flexibility.

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

PS Dave - the 20% was a stock car iirc? Definitely better deals available on stock if you are prepared to be flexible on spec. Between myself and my wife we had as much flexibility as bone china, so no option but factory order Very Happy

• Aldo
    United Kingdom 

So I’ve had a few dealers come back to media Carwow.

Average saving tends to be 10/11% off the OTR price with 4.9% APR and £2k dealer deposit..

I paid a visit to Hunters Staffordshire and unbeknown to me a friend through a car club worked there. He allowed me to take out on my own with the family and swap child car seats around etc. The space is quite sufficient including the space on the 2 seats in the rear. I test drove a HSE with a few extra goodies. Fantastic car to drive and considering I might not need a HSE lux now.

They also had a Anniversary which was pre reg’d to sell quickly for the Landmark. Very tempted, but I don’t need the car until January. He Waldo indicated new builds are November delivery so I have a bit of time to decide.

I also paid a visit to a Volvo dealership today. Price wise pretty much like for like. Very impressed by the dealer facilities and build quality of the XC90. There actually seems more room in the boot on the 90 with the rear seats up, but I think leg room is compromised.

Decisions decisions.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Might be worth asking your friend if he has used his friends and family discounts for this year. They get to buy two per year at 20/25% off iirc - I did think about hanging around pubs near LR dealers buying people drinks Very Happy

Volvo XC90 was my first choice initially, but I always harboured doubts about the engines being 4-cylinder only. Also think the LR interior is more luxurious, but that’s just a matter of taste. Very nice cars. Never drove one as my local dealer was poor. Which is how I had enough spare time during lunch to wander over, unplanned, to the LR dealer.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum