Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Steering wheel phone button and ACP

I rarely make phone calls from the car but noticed today that if ACP is enabled then the phone button on the steering wheel works for answering a call, but does nothing if you try an initiate a call.

Even if you switch back to the Incontrol screen it still does not work, if you disconnect the phone then it works fine to make a call.

I presume you are supposed to use Siri to make a call when ACP is enabled?
  • StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

If it helps, mine is the same. Crazy really two lines of code could have tied the phone button to the Hey Siri function. I was hoping future ICTP updates would sort this.

HSE Lux, MY18, Silicon silver 3.0d
  • mse
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

almost as annoying as when running ACP having to disconnect to switch phones
  • BruceT
    South Africa 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Mine did this and I found a setting to activate the voice button. IIRC you have to go into phone on the screen then settings and select the option.
  • PaulP
    Spain 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

If I'm using CarPlay, then a quick press on the steering wheel phone button activates the LR Voice Recognition.

If I hold the button down for 1-2 seconds, then Siri pops up on CarPlay.

However, the phone button operation is flaky and a bit confusing when you have CarPlay connected and apart from answering calls, it doesn't seem to work well for me.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

I don't care!!! Cos I'm the original Luddite Laughing Laughing

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • BruceT
    South Africa 

Laughing I could never have guessed with the details in your signature. Laughing
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

It might have all the toys, but using them is another matter!! every journey's an adventure, I find something new regularly, Seriously though, I haven't managed to get spotify on the large screen and don't even know if it will. its a pain in the ar*e pluggingin the phone B4 every journey. don't use voice recognition, and auto park,,,well another non use. perhaps one day Laughing Laughing

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

On unused features....

I’ve not used the phone button yet, always say hey Siri, phone ....

Not used auto park yet, no idea where to even to start finding that. But I have driven gently into a pillar, oops. Should have found the button.

Keep forgetting to use the heated steering wheel.

Biggest waste is that I’m always on the black stuff (tarmac, not Guinness).

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • BruceT
    South Africa 

Maybe I should not admit this but I dont even know what spotify is. Rolling with laughter
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum