Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• hocks172
    England 

Tv Activation?

I Know this has been brought up before but i have found nothing relating to an answer?

Is there a way of enabling the TV? is there hardware needed or is it a software switch that needs turning on?
    Any light on this would help as I've tried searching a few other forums but to no avail.
    Thanks Sam

No more Landrover!!!
    Previous LR: D3 HSE, RRS HST, Evoque Dynamic Lux, D5 HSE LUX.
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

The tv tuner is an option. Are you sure you have it?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Sam, did you tick the options box for the TV/dual view when you bought the car?

If so, then there should be an option on the infotainment screen, in the media section, next too the dvd, radio thumbnails, where there is also a TV option.

Am guessing you have purchased a preowned car, and by the sounds of it, there is no TV.

With regards too the hardware, I presume that there is a DTV box that they fit too the car, once you pay for it, or the DTV is already there in all cars, and activated via CCF files at the factory or by the dealer?

Will take photos tomorrow if I get time Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • hocks172
    England 

Hi thanks for the reply’s, yeah I brought mine used and there is no TV option in the media, I used to have it on my Evoque but I was wondering if it needs hardware like dtv tuner or if it’s preinstalled and just needs activation? As I’ve read a couple of threads that suggests this but no conclusive answer. I suppose I’ll have to call a dealer to ask one way or the other?
    Thanks Sam

No more Landrover!!!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Digital TV / Dual View Screen.

If you search for the above thread, I have posted up a possible way of getting TV in the car.

Be good to post your findings Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • hocks172
    England 

Thanks very much for the info but I might wait until my next one and make sure it has the tv on it as it was only for the kids in the rear screens I might as well just buy a hdmi one for now, although seeing wires is a pet hate of mine.
    I just hoped it was a nice simple solution but these are landrovers!

No more Landrover!!!
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes, I would want to know if the DTV box is part of the infotainment system, or a stand alone box that can be taken out when selling the car, for putting into the next one. Mind you probably be new connections knowing my luck. 😂

Am the same regarding wires, it's a pet hate.

I am going to purchase a DTV box, as I have an old stereo which had analogue TV in it. Now that analogue signal was cut off several years ago, it's just picking up the white noise. So instead of shelling out on a new headunit, should be an easy fix via the phonos at the rear of the unit.

Post how you get on with the TV via the HDMI please.

I am currently playing about with the HDMI, where I have fitted reverse cameras to both trailers. Not had time to post up the results due to work commitments and Mrs using it as her daily driver.

Will post up shortly Thumbs Up

• Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

RR would be intrested in that please

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Russell, am on the case. Will be getting done during the kids October break. Need a few extra pairs of hands. One too sit in the car and tell me if there is an image coming up on the screen and another too stand behind the camera and help with wiring up the transmitters. It's a bit fiddly, plus I got so fed up running about like a headless chicken when i tried it myself, I gave up Laughing
    The cameras are fitted, just the transmitters and wiring into the trailer lights that needs done, plus yet too test the HDMI for a signal, as I was using a reverse mirror camera originally, but prefer to use the infotainment system.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum