Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• bammmy

Remote app.

Hi,
    Over last couple of days I have noticed that the remote app is struggling to find my car on the phone/iPad remote app. Only thing I have done is update the app through the phone and iPad.
    Anyone else having the same?
    Mark
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Yes, but it was logging into all connect pro services and even the car sim would not load. All seems fine now though.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

Just tried mine and getting 'Vehicle Location Not Known'
    Usually it's spot on

EDIT: 5 minutes later and it's OK again Thumbs Up

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

The new app is in my view less user friendly than the old one. I have deleted it again, since strangely it has no intelligent seat fold page in the new app that it does in the old one!

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I have stuck with the old one, it is still being updated so it is still a valid version.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

Mordred1973. Just checked and mine has SOTA , 19B and the incontrol app does have seat fold.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Which of the 2 app versions are you using?
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

Back to using the original app 1.80.1 since the new app v2.0.1 didnt have seat fold in it.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • bammmy

Is the remote seat pack only on a HSE Lux, I have both app’s and neither have the seat pack option. My car is the HSE version.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

It was an option on the HSE.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

yep, listed in the options list of my 2017 HSE.

I filled in the "contact the software designer" on the app. I have now had an email form JLR asking me to confirm the version of the app and send them screen shots, since they claim the seat fold is on the final page of the app (which it clearly is not, perhaps the app hasn't picked upo the fact my car has intelligent seatfold for some reason)

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 

Mordred1973. I haven't changed the phone app, so I guess its the original. I don't think I will be updating it until the replacement is bug free.

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The original version is fine with updates, it is the alternative Remote app that is the issue.

Why they have 2 apps with the same name makes no sense!
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

I agree, I have both at the moment, (prefer the old one anyway) so will keep an eye now and them to see if they fix it lol

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum