Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• hocks172
    England 

yeah mine had 2litres of oil missing at the time of the mot, i have stated i want it in writing that the gearbox is not damaged by this which they assure me its not. Yet at the minute I'm not that trustworthy. i demanded a loaner as mine is on extended warranty with LR.

No more Landrover!!!
    Previous LR: D3 HSE, RRS HST, Evoque Dynamic Lux, D5 HSE LUX.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Not sure an extended warranty qualifies you for a loaner, but it does for car hire, which I think you have to claim back.
  • hocks172
    England 

Regarding the courtesy car as it’s in with a LR main dealer I just said I will need a car and the service manager didn’t hesitate in getting me one , I have not had to pay a penny towards it?

No more Landrover!!!
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Oh well, there’s lucky. Thumbs Up

As you’ll know the LR extended warranty is run by another entity, whom no doubt pay for the link with LR. I seem to recall the kickback to the dealership, if you purchased via them, was roughly £400 of the £1k odd you paid. Think that’s why WD is popular as it cuts out the middle man.

That aside, I looked at the fine print and it covered reclaiming car hire, so giving you a courtesy car was a basically a favour. Just you said in a previous post that you demanded a courtesy car, that’s all.
  • hocks172
    England 

Well I thought I’d update this thread!
    Firstly the gearbox has been found to have a leaky casing!! This means that all the seals and new pans fitted were not the culprit it was the casing all along.
    So Landrover’s fix is use liquid weld around the gearbox and say that this is a suitable fix!
    Even though the local dealer has said a new gearbox will be needed as this is a know issue with the gearbox!
    So Long story short I’ve sold the car and saying goodbye to the green oval due to crap reliability and poor customer service.
    They have the best products in the world put together with playdoh!
    Thanks for all the help and comments but I’m off to hopefully a reliable future!

No more Landrover!!!
  • Whippetman
    England 

Update

Oil leak resulted in call to say new engine needed fortunately under warranty.
    Picking up tomorrow so waiting to se how she runs with the new engine on 28,000 miles😬

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • hocks172
    England 

Honestly do they build these with Mickey Mouse?

No more Landrover!!!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum